Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Wheel fitup on Overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/wheel-fitup-on-overland-30875.html)

wally 11-09-2011 03:47 PM

Wheel fitup on Overland?

Starting to do some mods and was going to start with the wheels first... Would the SRT8 wheels work on my 2008 Overland straight out of the box? I know I need to be close to the rolling circumference to avoid the speedo being off too much or the tires rubbing.

I'm thinking of going with black on black (my Jeep is black w/saddle interior), but am trying to decide between getting either the 20" or 22"

Any info would be great

Thx,

Also would I want to lower the Jeep at all after getting the larger size?

Thx again,

Lucas J 11-10-2011 03:39 PM

Re: Wheel fitup on Overland?

The 20 inch SRT wheels are the same bolt pattern as your 08 WK (5x5). The stock SRT wheel came with P255/45WR20 in the front and P285/40WR20 in the rear. If you stayed within those guidelines you should be fine.

However I will still defer to those who have actually made the conversion to make 100% sure.

Edit: I will add that I think you should lower it if you want to go with this set up. IMO it just looks much, much better.

BLKCRD 11-24-2011 08:37 PM

Go for it. yes, be sure to drop it a bit.

dmsfun 12-02-2011 07:16 PM

if you go with SRT wheels and springs, etc, for looks alone, realize that the ride will be very rough and not smooth at all, if the road is not smooth. I have never been a fan of the WK SRT for that reason alone.

Scottina06 12-02-2011 07:33 PM

the ride is much better than the stock 17 or 18" wheels/tires....IMO

2005JGC 12-07-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 526274)
if you go with SRT wheels and springs, etc, for looks alone, realize that the ride will be very rough and not smooth at all, if the road is not smooth. I have never been a fan of the WK SRT for that reason alone.

Im curious how old you are (you dont need to answer this ;) ) because it is actually a pretty soft ride as far a performance is concerned, I absolutely LOVE the ride of the srt8 grand cherokee. Just need my retirement plan to mature (lotto tickets) and I will have one in my own driveway!

If you dont like the bumps in the road to the point where you wouldnt own the vehicle capable of holding those crappy roads then all the benifits of the car are above your desires (I guess it could be below your desires, depends on if your a glass is half empty or full fellow).

Basically the statement should simply be "if you lower your vehicle and put tires with little sidewall on them know you will feel the bumps, as is the case with ANY vehicle"

paroxysym 12-12-2011 01:06 PM

you could run the 20 with a large tire to fill the wheel well, rather than lowering it. why sacrifice ride height?