Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels/Tires/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/)
-   -   Tyre size options ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/tyre-size-options-30968.html)

GCUK 11-11-2011 11:54 AM

Tyre size options ?
 
My 2004 GC is running 235/65 R17 tyres which I assume is the standard size for this Overland model.
Im looking to get some A/T's soon. People often talk of the BF Goodrich being good, but not availible in 17 inch I think ?

The other option is General Grabber A/T's which are availible in my size over here in the UK.
But I was just wondering if I can get a bigger tyre on that 17 inch rim ?
To my untrained eye the standard ride height and clearence around the wheels seems big enough :confused:

Any suggestions ?

Terminator2 11-11-2011 12:43 PM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GCUK (Post 513591)
My 2004 GC is running 235/65 R17 tyres which I assume is the standard size for this Overland model.
Im looking to get some A/T's soon. People often talk of the BF Goodrich being good, but not availible in 17 inch I think ?

The other option is General Grabber A/T's which are availible in my size over here in the UK.
But I was just wondering if I can get a bigger tyre on that 17 inch rim ?
To my untrained eye the standard ride height and clearence around the wheels seems big enough :confused:

Any suggestions ?

You could run a 235/70/17 or maybe a 245/70/17 with some minor trimming of the bumper. Might give you more tire options.

01grand 11-13-2011 08:51 PM

I needed no trimming of my bumper to fit 245/70/17 Bridgestone deuler a/t revo 2. I'm not a big fan
Of the tires but the size is ok.

Terminator2 11-14-2011 09:00 AM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 514798)
I needed no trimming of my bumper to fit 245/70/17 Bridgestone deuler a/t revo 2. I'm not a big fan
Of the tires but the size is ok.

Oh ok just thinking of the worse case scenario.

DaMitsuMan 11-14-2011 09:15 AM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
It all depends. I have 245/65/17's with Destination A/T's and I had to trim my bumper.

Terminator2 11-14-2011 11:05 AM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMitsuMan (Post 515057)
It all depends. I have 245/65/17's with Destination A/T's and I had to trim my bumper.

Weird, a 245/65/17 is quite a bit smaller than a 245/70/17.

DaMitsuMan 11-14-2011 01:13 PM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator2 (Post 515101)
Weird, a 245/65/17 is quite a bit smaller than a 245/70/17.


Yeah I feel like I was the only one that had to trim when I put my 275/45/20's on also with the limited bumper. I wonder if my front springs are starting to sag. That's the only thing I can think of.

01grand 11-14-2011 04:50 PM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
I believe mine also has the up country suspension which sits slightly taller. This could make the difference if you don't have up country.

ThomahawK 11-18-2011 08:49 AM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
245/65/17 Will fit with no rub at all, if you aint sagging alot.

mjonesjr 11-27-2011 04:13 PM

Re: Tyre size options ?
 
I have a 2" coil spacer lift and am running 255/75/17's. They don't rub at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community