Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Easy entry / exit seats and... 4-Lo (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/easy-entry-exit-seats-and-4-lo-3104.html)

jcostri09 10-06-2009 09:22 PM

Easy entry / exit seats and... 4-Lo

Does anyone use the easy entry / exit feature? I have mine set and it was working great but just stopped and I can't figure out why... I have my keys linked and seat programmed. The feature is turned on in the computer... everything else appears to be working fine.

On another note... Has anyone used the 4-lo feature? I just tried mine to see if it even worked. When in 4lo it seems quite rough (only going 5 or 6mph at most) What kind of experience have you had with this. Not that I plan on using it frequently or ever for that matter. I just like to know everything is functioning properly.

saleen032 10-06-2009 09:56 PM

Re: Easy entry / exit seats and... 4-Lo

4 Lo is primarily meant for off-road use only, so you will get a much harsher ride with it....As far as the easy entry/exit seat, I have a 05 with the Mopar remote start, and for some reason the seats dont always go back...when I disconnect the remote harness, the seats work fine...

05wkguy 10-06-2009 10:35 PM

When in 4-lo the transfer case is locked up allowing for no slip between the front and rear diferentials. This will cause some "jockeying" or choppyness when turning,even a little bit.

Knightrider03m 10-06-2009 11:38 PM

Also, don't go pass 20MPH in 4Lo

Matt 10-06-2009 11:43 PM

I had the seats stop moving once when I entered the Jeep (never returned all the way to their set position), so I just stopped using after that. I quickly realized this feature was overrated for me.

Marlin 10-07-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcostri09 (Post 73948)
Does anyone use the easy entry / exit feature? I have mine set and it was working great but just stopped and I can't figure out why... I have my keys linked and seat programmed. The feature is turned on in the computer... everything else appears to be working fine.

On another note... Has anyone used the 4-lo feature? I just tried mine to see if it even worked. When in 4lo it seems quite rough (only going 5 or 6mph at most) What kind of experience have you had with this. Not that I plan on using it frequently or ever for that matter. I just like to know everything is functioning properly.

The easy exit feature is a common fault, a Google search should help you out. From memory there is a microswith that is the trouble maker. Ievidently none of our members have had the issue yet so I don't think there's a tech thread here yet. If you find the fault, we'd love to hear about the fix! Funnily enough, mine too has failed to return to the normal driving position twice recently so I may be in for trouble too.

Secondly, don't use 4-Lo on dry pavement, it's asking for trouble. Only use it off-road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 74081)
Also, don't go pass 20MPH in 4Lo

I know the manual says not too, but I've had mine all the way to the rev limiter in top gear without ill effect :)
It's quite useful when racing on the beach :) They accelerate REAL quick! lol

1 GRAND 10-07-2009 10:33 AM

I don't think the easy entry/exit feature would work for me, since my seat stays back as far as it will go anyway. :lol:

Knightrider03m 10-07-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 74121)
I know the manual says not too, but I've had mine all the way to the rev limiter in top gear without ill effect :)
It's quite useful when racing on the beach :) They accelerate REAL quick! lol

I always wanted to do that in my ZJ when I had it to see how fast it would accelerate with the "better" gearing

Maybe I should have did that the day before the guy picked it up :lol:

NHWK05 10-07-2009 10:37 AM

NEver ever use 4LO on dry pavement. Its meant for high torque situations off road while rock crawling, towing a boat out of a dock, pulling a stuck vehicle. Anything where alot of torque is needed.

Never go past 20mph either, ive done it before and nothing happened but that was on my old wheeling rig that i built. Never use it in snow it will only make things worse.

Knightrider03m 10-07-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 GRAND (Post 74240)
I don't think the easy entry/exit feature would work for me, since my seat stays back as far as it will go anyway. :lol:

Same here. I have the easy entry/exit on in my car but I don't know if it works or not :lol:

B.P.O.D 10-07-2009 10:41 AM

i dont even have that option or 4 lo:(.... im gonna go crawl back into my hole

Vinnysrt8 10-07-2009 10:59 AM

i never use east enrty b/c my seat all the way back already