Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Quadra Drive II is standard on '12 Overland HEMI (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/quadra-drive-ii-is-standard-on-12-overland-hemi-31056.html)

Sliter'12Overland 11-13-2011 02:32 PM

Quadra Drive II is standard on '12 Overland HEMI

To this point it is my understanding that the 2012 JGC Overland HEMI comes standard with QDII. I have one scheduled for production and the build says Overland Summit, I ordered the straight Overland with the HEMI and saddle/black interior. I'm told that it is because the underpinnings are the same and only the lux options are different. Hence the OAII package is not needed to get QDII.

sined240 11-13-2011 02:36 PM

Re: Quadra Drive II is standard on '12 Overland HEMI

2012 Overland Hemi does not come standard with QDII, unless your in Canada. With that being said, you need to get the Summit group or the ORAII group with the Overland Hemi to have QDII.

jgc4ever 11-13-2011 02:37 PM

I think Quadra Drive II is only useful if you end up on three wheels anyway.

dandankler 11-13-2011 02:40 PM

i have never used mine but i also never go 4x4........:)

Sliter'12Overland 11-13-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sined240 (Post 514600)
2012 Overland Hemi does not come standard with QDII, unless your in Canada. With that being said, you need to get the Summit group or the ORAII group with the Overland Hemi to have QDII.

That is what I'm saying the Jeep order tracking is building it as a Summit the only difference is the chrome bits and lux/driving aid options the Hemi requires the added traction control management. I will confirm or retract this when I take delivery.

BobsWK2 11-13-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliter'12Overland (Post 514606)
That is what I'm saying the Jeep order tracking is building it as a Summit the only difference is the chrome bits and lux/driving aid options the Hemi requires the added traction control management. I will confirm or retract this when I take delivery.

The Vehicle Order Tracking System for my GC Overland V8 also said Overland Summit, but my build sheet says the vehicle has the QTII system.

Sliter'12Overland 11-14-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 514820)
The Vehicle Order Tracking System for my GC Overland V8 also said Overland Summit, but my build sheet says the vehicle has the QTII system.

Have you taken delivery yet? I am curious to see if it comes through with it.

ColdCase 11-14-2011 07:54 AM

I think the build sheet will indicate QT II regardless (perhaps in the standard equipment section) as that’s the transfer case. If the vehicle is equipped with QD, you should also see a build sheet entry for the ELSD rear diff. The ELSD is the best indication of QD, both the QT II and ELSD will be listed separately on the build sheet.... well at least it’s been that way for years.

Just double checked my 2011 build sheet and it included in the option section:
AWBP Quadra-Drive II (R) 4WD System
DSFP Elec LTD Slip Differential Rr Axle

in the standard equipment section
DKAS Quadra-Trac II (R) 4WD System
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND 4X4 SPOR

Sliter'12Overland 11-14-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliter'12Overland (Post 515023)

Just talked with my salesman and the sales manager and they have confirmed on the Jeep order sheet that they use from Jeep lists quadra drive II as standard equipment on a HEMI Overland and Jeep.com if you are at the picture of the Overland in the woods click the features and specs tab, select off road performance scroll down the left side bar select quadra drive II and it clearly stated Standard on Overland and Overland Summit with 5.7L VVT engine. So that is good enough for me and as they say the proof is in the pudding.

Sliter'12Overland 11-14-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliter'12Overland (Post 515023)

Just talked with my salesman and the sales manager and they have confirmed on the Jeep order sheet that they use from Jeep lists quadra drive II as standard equipment on a HEMI Overland and Jeep.com if you are at the picture of the Overland in the woods click the features and specs tab, select off road performance scroll down the left side bar select quadra drive II and it clearly stated Standard on Overland and Overland Summit with 5.7L VVT engine. So that is good enough for me and as they say the proof is in the pudding.

jgc4ever 11-14-2011 12:29 PM

I have a 2012 Overland 4x4 Hemi built on August 17th, 2011.

Jeep just emailed me my build sheet and it doesn't have QD II or ELSD.

Milous 11-14-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sliter'12Overland (Post 515149)
Just talked with my salesman and the sales manager and they have confirmed on the Jeep order sheet that they use from Jeep lists quadra drive II as standard equipment on a HEMI Overland and Jeep.com...

They are both wrong. As Sined240 stated, you need to get the Summit group or the ORAII group with the Overland Hemi to have QDII/ELSD.