Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Lift Question and Suggestions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/lift-question-and-suggestions-31106.html)

BigTicket13 11-14-2011 07:25 PM

Lift Question and Suggestions

:thumbsup:Alright I will first off say that i have read through much of this forum in regards to this topic so I feel I have an idea of what I am looking into getting here.

I want to go with a "budget lift". My vehicle is mostly a daily driver and I have only been off roading once, as seen on earlier post :D but plan on it again very soon. Now my jeep I think handles fine for what I do but whats the fun in keeping stock.

Now first off I have bilstein shocks on the rear that where just installed within 8,000 miles or so. So that is pushing me away from OME kit. Right now my attention has been turned towards RR, RK, and the DayStar kit. Just for the simple fact that I already replaced my rear shocks with the bilsteins not knowing at the time I wanted to go this route with a lifted wk.

Right now I will be keeping the stock tires on it for awhile because I got them with the truck when i bought it and there Pirelli's in pretty good shape. Bump if anyone wants to buy them lol :thumbsup: So no pinch weld yet and no spacers required.

So what do you guys think I am leaning towards the rough country because of the metal vs poly. But the RR guys make some appealing and bold statements about there lift on there website that grabbed my attention. To me it seems like from alot of forums that I have read the OME kit is the best, but whats the advantage outside of getting OME shocks?

O and I know someone is going to come in and say SUPERLIFT so you can just :slapfight: lol because I don't need anymore daytime fantasies :rolleyes:. :lol:

lll2for3lll 11-14-2011 08:20 PM

Re: Lift Question and Suggestions

Why OME:

-You get longer shocks for more suspension travel when off roading.
-You will conpletely transform the ride quality. MD will give you a nice smooth truck like ride but not so harsh.
-Good solid build.
-Direct replacement with stock parts
-OME shock are one of the best on the market.
-No sagging rear when load with passengers, equipment, etc (one of the main reasons I chose OME.
-So many more reasons but....your money, your choice.

No I do not wheel my WK. Some light paths here and there.

BigTicket13 11-15-2011 12:01 PM

I just figured that I already purchased the billsteins and had the money invested in them. To do more of a budget lift until those shocks are no longer good. Then I could look into doing the OME lift or maybe even a super lift. Only time will tell.

I just would hate to buy another set of shocks after just doing so. Even though I have read good things about the OME shocks, but I thought the billsteins were pretty comparable atleast for ride quality.

lll2for3lll 11-15-2011 12:55 PM

Or you could just sell the Billsteins on here. :thumbsup:

BigTicket13 11-15-2011 01:03 PM

lol that thought has crossed my mind I have them on all four corners and I put new pirellis on it everything must go

lll2for3lll 11-15-2011 02:25 PM

Items like that will get sold on here.

lll2for3lll 11-15-2011 02:27 PM

You can post them in the for sale thread to see if you people are interested. You don't have to sell them though. Can you post that they won't ship until you OME lift is installed.

If the OME lift is in your budget and you plan on getting it eventually, might as well get it now.

TJXJWJ 11-15-2011 03:43 PM

OME shocks are excellent, but so are the Bilstiens.

Have you looked into getting the rest of the OME kit seperately? Either from OME (ARBUSA) direct or a vendor like Summit Racing?

I've had a few different brands of lifts on a few different Jeeps. OME is the real deal. 2nd to none in my opinion. If you can get the rest of the parts, do it and leave your Bilstiens for now. You can always swap them out later if you need the extended travel shocks.

As for any kind of spacer lift, I'd recommend poly over metal...especially with your zip code. Good luck!

BigTicket13 11-15-2011 03:59 PM

That was I was thinking as well. I mean I have read alot of great reviews in regards to the OME kit on this site alone, and I would love to go that route 100%. I would have to get rid of my current Bilsteins.

I do agreeI think they would sell on here plus I would not want o rip anybody off I would just want to get a few extra bucks to kick towards the OME kit.

What are the addition parts that are required for the OME kit? Wouldn't it just be springs?

lll2for3lll 11-15-2011 04:13 PM

You can buy each part seperately from Jeepin By Al.

-Front coils
-Rear coils
-Struts
-Shocks

That's all the kit consist of.

lll2for3lll 11-15-2011 04:14 PM

Coils are cheap. Like $80 for the rear or the front.

BigTicket13 11-15-2011 05:05 PM

That is interesting is this jeepin By Al is this a website?? I am going to try googling that right after I post this reply.