Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Locked fob in Jeep...Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/locked-fob-in-jeep-question-31210.html)

rsks9294 11-17-2011 09:35 AM

Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
Hi all. I was reading through the locked keys/fob in car threads because this just happened to me yesterday...
2012 Laredo
First off, I do not lock my Jeep at work - left work, put dog, purse (containing fob) in jeep and closed passenger door. Went around to drivers side and door was locked - went to all doors, locked (panic set in right about now) tried lift gate - locked. I got NO warning, NO beeps, horn, lights flashing or anything.
I'm not sure if when I put my purse in the lock button got pushed on the fob or if I hit the lock button on the arm rest or what.
I thought for sure I could open it because the fob was inside the Jeep, but no dice. Should this happen????
Thanks!

jeepster23 11-17-2011 10:28 AM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
The lock on the armrest probaly got pushed and that is why it locked. Yes that should happen because imagine you were in the car with your fob and a car jacker came up. By your logic just because the fob was in the car then the door should be open. That would not be good.

andyh 11-17-2011 10:34 AM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
My OCD keeps me from leaving the fob in the car without an opening a window first.

rsks9294 11-17-2011 10:39 AM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
Thanks jeepster23, I didn't think of it that way - makes sense!!!
Thank goodness we don't live too far from my work and the hubby could bring the spare fob. Needless to say I'll be keeping my purse with me until I get in!
My lab just sat in the seat looking at me like "WTF? Why aren't you getting in?"

DrLocke 11-17-2011 11:45 AM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsks9294 (Post 516863)
Thanks jeepster23, I didn't think of it that way - makes sense!!!
Thank goodness we don't live too far from my work and the hubby could bring the spare fob. Needless to say I'll be keeping my purse with me until I get in!
My lab just sat in the seat looking at me like "WTF? Why aren't you getting in?"

Maybe your lab locked the door and had a giggle at your expense.

ebank127 11-17-2011 12:47 PM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
I didn't think this was suppose to happen. I've left the fob inside and lock the door using the lock button on the door (inside), but when I close the door the horn sounds and the doors unlock.

Brady_SS 11-17-2011 04:37 PM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 516860)
My OCD keeps me from leaving the fob in the car without an opening a window first.


If your truly OCD, then it should be typed CDO :lol:

I roll down a window as well...

AAAA 11-17-2011 04:45 PM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady_SS (Post 517097)
If your truly OCD, then it should be typed CDO :lol:

I roll down a window as well...

No that would be dyslexia. OCD would be OOCCDD, OOCCDD, OOCCDD.:rolleyes:

Fireman310pt 11-17-2011 05:08 PM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
I've laid my keys in the cup holder while doing something and have locked mine in the Jeep before. Now I carry a spare door lock key in my pocket for the "just in case I ever mess up and do it again"..

brandont 11-17-2011 07:12 PM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
I really like the keyless enter and go, but I'm not sure it is worth the risk of locking myself out unintentionally or forgetting to lock the car altogether. Plus, I'm afraid when I drive my wife's BMW (push button, fob must be in a slot) that I will hit the button, get out, and walk away with the fob still in the car. Old habits, hard to adjust to not having a key.

rsks9294 11-18-2011 10:28 AM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ebank127 (Post 516949)
I didn't think this was suppose to happen. I've left the fob inside and lock the door using the lock button on the door (inside), but when I close the door the horn sounds and the doors unlock.

I thought it should give a warning also. I'm going to try it at home this weekend and see what happens.

rsks9294 11-18-2011 10:30 AM

Re: Locked fob in Jeep...Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrLocke (Post 516891)
Maybe your lab locked the door and had a giggle at your expense.

I wouldn't put it past her.
:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community