Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   service 4wd system - won't start-HELP (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/service-4wd-system-wont-start-help-31239.html)

NorthNJwk 11-17-2011 06:59 PM

service 4wd system - won't start-HELP

My jeep, 08 JGC Limited Hemi, has been great and I have had have no problems until tonight. I didn't drive anywhere today as I had the day off from work. I attempted to start it tonight and it wouldn't start. The dashboard says "service 4wd system" Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? I had to go out tonight but when I get home I will have to look at it more. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to search the forum but my phone is not cooperating ..

99formulam6 11-17-2011 07:13 PM

Re: service 4wd system - won't start-HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthNJwk (Post 517181)
My jeep, 08 JGC Limited Hemi, has been great and I have had have no problems until tonight. I didn't drive anywhere today as I had the day off from work. I attempted to start it tonight and it wouldn't start. The dashboard says "service 4wd system" Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? I had to go out tonight but when I get home I will have to look at it more. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to search the forum but my phone is not cooperating ..

Could be alot of things...solenoids are common, wheel speed sensors.... or sometimes it comes on and will go off on its own.

On my XK it was on for a long time, and I had the dealer pull the code and it was for the transfer case clutches or something. I do not go wheeling and the XK is simply a family hauler, so when they told me i needed anew tc, i had them clear the code, and it never came on again.

NorthNJwk 11-17-2011 07:17 PM

Thanks for the reply. The one thing I don't understand is why yesterday it was driving fine and today this happened? !

99formulam6 11-17-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthNJwk (Post 517200)
Thanks for the reply. The one thing I don't understand is why yesterday it was driving fine and today this happened? !

Mine came on while we were driving on the highway. When it was on, we could go into 4lo, ut some people say they go wheeling with the message on with no issues.

It is kinda weird that yours wont start though. I have never seen that before...

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-17-2011 07:37 PM

i 100% guaranty it is a dead battery

NorthNJwk 11-17-2011 07:44 PM

Dead battery? Interesting. Why do you think that?

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-17-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthNJwk (Post 517234)
Dead battery? Interesting. Why do you think that?

happened to me and many others. the WK tends to freak out when the battery power is low and starts to throw up false codes. :thumbsup:

Escape 11-17-2011 08:34 PM

Battery as said above

Crestwood1001 11-17-2011 10:01 PM

Yup, just get a new bat and you will be fine, mine did the EXACT same thing when I was in cape may NJ on vacation, went to walmart and got a battery and she ran like nothing was wrong. They are touchy!

NorthNJwk 11-17-2011 10:08 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I have the battery on a charger now. Hopefully that will work. I will go get a new one tomorrow before work.

Crestwood1001 11-17-2011 10:12 PM

Prob wont work, you need a new one.

NorthNJwk 11-17-2011 10:35 PM

I actually got it started. I will get a new battery in the morning, no stores open now. Now the check engine light is on. How do I clear that?