Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Anyone else experience this when going from parking mode? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/anyone-else-experience-this-when-going-from-parking-mode-31245.html)

Cherokee4X4 11-17-2011 07:28 PM

Anyone else experience this when going from parking mode?

This just happened today and I hope it was a one time fluke thing and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this with the air suspension.

At work today i put it in park mode where it lowers the jeep all the way down...now normally when you start up and take off again, after a certain speed it goes from park mode to normal riding height and this normally takes about 5 seconds and then i see the light on the dash showing the jeep lifting and it goes away and reports NRH, also the light on the height indicator button on center console flashing while it raises...today I was taking off and noticed that my ride height indicator button stayed flashing for a very long time as I took off and picked up speed..and the light on dash showing jeep lifting just stayed on solid. Then I noticed in the rear right I could hear an air purging sound every 15 seconds or so....this happened for half my ride home then all of a sudden the light on dash went out and it indicated NRH and I didnt notice the psssshhhhttt sound any more.

So...i freaked out a little and pulled in parking lot to try it again and noticed this time the button light on center console stayed flashing a long time again and this time the dash light never even came on indicating the jeep raised...never displayed NRH and i heard the air sound for a little bit but it eventually stopped.

has anyone had this happen?

JTP (WI) 11-17-2011 07:32 PM

Re: Anyone else experience this when going from parking mode?

Never happened to me. Sure sounds like a leak in the air ride system. Good luck!

Cherokee4X4 11-17-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTP (WI) (Post 517219)
Never happened to me. Sure sounds like a leak in the air ride system. Good luck!

No...i thought the same thing and she is level as can be on all ends...it was probably a bad idea calling it a 'purging' sound...its a sound of air rushing into or out of the reservoir...I actually got my level out when i got home to see if she was sagging any at any corner and she is solid.

Smooth1 11-17-2011 08:44 PM

Nope. and I use mine just about all the time. I hurt my left foot just behind the arch under my foot, so having the park mode has been AWSOME. otherwise I gotta drive the caRR.

It's funny the check system light didn't come up. So does the truck go all the way up ok ? And then if you press sport does it go into the lowered ride height ? then maybe see if it goes back to auto ok? If it struggles at all, I'd take it to the dealer right away and have them fix it. The suspension's air system is a sealed and pressurized system. You shouldn't be hearing any air sounds.

jp467 11-17-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee4X4 (Post 517236)
No...i thought the same thing and she is level as can be on all ends...it was probably a bad idea calling it a 'purging' sound...its a sound of air rushing into or out of the reservoir...I actually got my level out when i got home to see if she was sagging any at any corner and she is solid.

Its not level that you need to check its height. Take a measuring tape and measure from the ground to the bottom edge of the fenders in normal ride height.

Dan JGC 11-19-2011 12:03 AM

Just a glitch in the matrix. Probably no biggie. But if it starts to happen repeatedly it'll be time to take it in...