Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Bad night in Lubbock, Texas (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/bad-night-in-lubbock-texas-31324.html)

pharmade 11-19-2011 05:57 PM

Bad night in Lubbock, Texas

1 Attachment(s)
My nephew took this pic from his window. He was awakened to a loud crash and looked ouside and saw the Jeep Grand Cherokee upside down. He was the first to call 9-1-1 and the responder asked him what color it was. He told them he couldn't tell but it was the only Jeep upside down in the road. Wow.

TurboDiesel 11-19-2011 06:04 PM

Re: Bad night in Lubbock, Texas

holy shit, wonder how that happened

lfd17 11-19-2011 06:32 PM

simple answer...theres alot of crappy drivers in lubbock

TTUMBIO2010 11-19-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmade (Post 518317)
My nephew took this pic from his window. He was awakened to a loud crash and looked ouside and saw the Jeep Grand Cherokee upside down. He was the first to call 9-1-1 and the responder asked him what color it was. He told them he couldn't tell but it was the only Jeep upside down in the road. Wow.

I used to live in the same apartments, ULofts, as your nephew a few years ago when I was a student a Texas Tech.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboDiesel (Post 518322)
holy shit, wonder how that happened

In the picture, you can see DCI Biologicals. What you can't see is the bar next door to the right, Bash's, heading towards the purple light reflections. I would say it is fair to assume alcohol-related.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfd17 (Post 518335)
simple answer...theres alot of crappy drivers in lubbock

Absolutely! During my time in Lubbock, I had my car in the body shop at least annually due to the stupidest accidents. Half of them I was either sitting at a light or clipped from poorly time lane changes. And it is not the college kids that are the poor drivers, it is the locals. Not one understands the point of double turn lanes!

pharmade 11-19-2011 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=TTUMBIO2010;518407]I used to live in the same apartments, ULofts, as your nephew a few years ago when I was a student a Texas Tech.

Yep. He's an Engineering major at Tech. He did say there was a bar there. They took the driver out on a stretcher but he couldn't see if male or female. Never found out what happened.

TTUMBIO2010 11-19-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmade (Post 518412)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TTUMBIO2010 (Post 518407)
I used to live in the same apartments, ULofts, as your nephew a few years ago when I was a student a Texas Tech.

Yep. He's an Engineering major at Tech. He did say there was a bar there. They took the driver out on a stretcher but he couldn't see if male or female. Never found out what happened.

Great career choice! I did a quick search on local Lubbock news and found nothing. Hopefully nothing life-threatening as it didn't hit the media.

cdspiller99 11-20-2011 05:10 PM

Lubbock AWESOME!

JTS97Z28 11-20-2011 07:56 PM

Cant see anything in that picture but I will take your word for it there is an upside down Overland there lol. WTF does someone have to do to roll their vehicle on a small side street??!? the things people manage to do never cease to amaze me. Regardless, hope everyone is ok.