Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   replaced mirror wonīt power-fold? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/replaced-mirror-won-t-power-fold-31339.html)

fullclip 11-20-2011 01:52 AM

replaced mirror wonīt power-fold?

Hi there,

so my 05 WH has stock power-folding mirrors. Unfortunately i crashed my passenger-side mirror, so i needed to replace it. Since the dealer charges around 350-400 Euros (500-550Dollars) i looked for a cheaper way to do so. At ebay i couldnīt find any replacement mirror, with featured the power-folding. So finally i ordered this mirror at partstrain.com (even with tax,shipping,etc still cheaper as the original jeep part). And now guess what: it is not folding when i operate the mirror switch! But the product description clearly says "Folding: Power folding", so WTF?

So my question is now:
#Has anybody an idea what the problem could be?
#Is there a difference between the export-model power-folding and the us-model power-folding feature? (since the mirror i ordered comes from the states)
#Is there someone with similar problems?
#I really need this feature, since thereīs now parking one WK and another WK2 in our Garage... :-)

ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

fullclip 11-20-2011 06:17 AM

Re: replaced mirror wonīt power-fold?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullclip (Post 518497)
hi there,

so my 05 wh has stock power-folding mirrors. Unfortunately i crashed my passenger-side mirror, so i needed to replace it. Since the dealer charges around 350-400 euros (500-550dollars) i looked for a cheaper way to do so. At ebay i couldnīt find any replacement mirror, with featured the power-folding. So finally i ordered this mirror at partstrain.com (even with tax,shipping,etc still cheaper as the original jeep part). And now guess what: It is not folding when i operate the mirror switch! But the product description clearly says "folding: Power folding", so wtf?

so my question is now:
#has anybody an idea what the problem could be?
#is there a difference between the export-model power-folding and the us-model power-folding feature? (since the mirror i ordered comes from the states)
#is there someone with similar problems?
#i really need this feature, since thereīs now parking one wk and another wk2 in our garage... :-)

any help is highly appreciated!

no one any idea? Cīmon....

SRTILL8 11-20-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullclip (Post 518497)
Hi there,

So my question is now:
#Has anybody an idea what the problem could be?
#Is there a difference between the export-model power-folding and the us-model power-folding feature? (since the mirror i ordered comes from the states)
#Is there someone with similar problems?
#I really need this feature, since thereīs now parking one WK and another WK2 in our Garage... :-)

ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

hey, i saw your post in my thread. happy to assist, no worries.

so i highlighted the problem here.. unfortunately your set is a generic "powered" mirror. everyone of those companies will say the power folding mirror but they dont actually mean so. they mean its powered- yes and it folds so they say power folding mirror.... sucks i know.
-----quick way to distinguish which kind you have is the power plug/harness on the mirror you bought.... does it have a 10 PIN connection or does it have a 13 PIN connection?

anyways there are mirrors that were made here in the USA that were "actual" power folding mirrors like your european model came equipped with. for the USA that option got cut in late 2007.

you can try to locate older mirrors from 06,07 used parts/vehicles and that would work with any european model 05-10.

fullclip 11-20-2011 12:09 PM

ok i taleeady hought something like that... BUT they do offer two different versions of mirrors at partstrain: Folding: manual AND Folding: power . Thats why i thought it should be the right one...

hmm i agree- it sucks.

i will check the harness tomorrow, i thank you a lot so far! daniel

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fullclip 11-20-2011 12:44 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d9e3c5db-3c64-dc3c.jpg

...you see what i mean?
really strange...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottina06 11-20-2011 02:53 PM

I would email the partstrain. they couldve sent the wrong mirror

Milous 11-20-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullclip (Post 518669)
...you see what i mean? really strange...

Definitely a typo, especially considering that the listing is for "2005" and the power-folding mirrors were only on the 2006 and early 2007 Overlands here. There are a lot of mirror variations, wiring differences, not so sure that the U.S. model would be plug and play.

For reference, here are the U.S. part numbers:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_overland_mirrors.htm

Also, if you want to PM me last 8 of your VIN I can get you the exact euro part number for your vehicle, which may help when searching out a used one.