Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Blue dashboard lights? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/blue-dashboard-lights-31363.html)

Darby Crash 11-20-2011 04:42 PM

Blue dashboard lights?

2 Attachment(s)
Anybody think it's possible to change the greenish lights to the blue lights on the Durango? The ones around the cup holder look dope as hell. Maybe it's just some bulbs?
I'd also love to have the Durango gauge cluster.

wk2pgh 11-20-2011 06:58 PM

Re: Blue dashboard lights?

Blue is cleaner looking imo ...... the green is ok but the blue is sharp!

bbjrhome 11-20-2011 07:05 PM

I'd love the Blue, have it now on my Enclave. Green and the old pontiac red/orange is outdated.

Unfortunately they pulled the ambient light option so we could not order. Does the Durango have the ambient light option?

Darby Crash 11-20-2011 11:37 PM

I was hoping it would be different bulbs and not the ambient light deal. I emailed my dealer's parts department to see if they could help me out. I'll hopefully have an update soon.

1200RT-P 11-22-2011 12:50 PM

i despise the green lighting in the GC. One thing I've lowed about interior lighting in my gernan cars is the uniformity of everything.

blue or white interior lighting (to match gauge cluster) would be fantastic.

Darby Crash 11-22-2011 02:33 PM

Still no word from the dealer....big surprise. I'm going old school and making a phone call.

MrWow 12-15-2011 12:23 PM

Doesnt mopar make a color wheel for out GCs? The blue is sick. Red would be legit to. Even a crisper green, not the soft spring green.

MrWow 12-15-2011 01:17 PM

http://jeepparts.mopar.com/jeep/gran...cessories.html

ekaz 12-15-2011 01:32 PM

pm diabolo (i think thats his name around here), he should be able to get things changed for you.

Darby Crash 12-16-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaz (Post 534643)
pm diabolo (i think thats his name around here), he should be able to get things changed for you.

Ok cool, I'll see what he says. Thanks!
Hey Mr Wow...that link doesn't work for some reason. What was it for?

MrWow 12-16-2011 08:13 AM

It was for a a Mopar color wheel that was supposed to be an option/available on the GC... It is no longer... Chrysler is making life harder for us Jeep people. I understand that allowing too much customer freedom with the vehicles allows for a lot of potential warranty claims, but you need to give us some room to do what we do best and that's customizing our Jeeps. They did it again with the newer JKs, my 2007 was a sinch minus the mini van motor but apparently the new chasis is a bia to lift and the computers tougher to mod. Haha sorry for the momentary rant

Darby Crash 12-16-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWow (Post 535050)
It was for a a Mopar color wheel that was supposed to be an option/available on the GC... It is no longer... Chrysler is making life harder for us Jeep people. I understand that allowing too much customer freedom with the vehicles allows for a lot of potential warranty claims, but you need to give us some room to do what we do best and that's customizing our Jeeps. They did it again with the newer JKs, my 2007 was a sinch minus the mini van motor but apparently the new chasis is a bia to lift and the computers tougher to mod. Haha sorry for the momentary rant

Oh no it's cool man.....Chrysler makes you rant. I'm hoping I can just find these bulbs and be happy.