Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/videos-of-my-magnaflow-and-roush-performance-tip-31391.html)

StoneCold 11-21-2011 04:18 AM

Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
So whilst putting the Jeep through its' winter detail yesterday, I figured I'd throw up a couple of clips of my exhaust, now that I've finally gotten round to fitting the Roush tips (well 1 of 2 anyway, the second one is for a later project).

Enjoy:D




Thank you for listening:thumbsup:

Martyp 11-27-2011 11:01 AM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Sounds very similar to mine, maybe a tad noiser at idle. Tip is very snazzy too. :D

Good luck with the de-cat... An Australian co sells the headers without cats, wanna be a guinea pig? I would keep the main cat, but lose the first two. If it failed emissions though, I'd be f00ked. You'd also need a SCT to disable ECU light due to pre-cats missing - or get some electrical tape, Honda style! :lol: :lol:

JeepCoop 11-27-2011 11:40 AM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Nice job, Aaron she sounds pissed!!

StoneCold 11-27-2011 01:35 PM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 522558)
Sounds very similar to mine, maybe a tad noiser at idle. Tip is very snazzy too. :D

Good luck with the de-cat... An Australian co sells the headers without cats, wanna be a guinea pig? I would keep the main cat, but lose the first two. If it failed emissions though, I'd be f00ked. You'd also need a SCT to disable ECU light due to pre-cats missing - or get some electrical tape, Honda style! :lol: :lol:

Yeah its just a thought, maybe a high flow cat would be better

StoneCold 11-27-2011 01:35 PM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 522579)
Nice job, Aaron she sounds pissed!!

Ha ha! Cheers Coop!

jbulgner 12-15-2011 07:27 PM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
I am new to posting on threads and have not quite figured out this whole thing yet. However, I came across yours and you seem to know a bit about my issue. I just bought a 2011 JGC overland with the 5.7 Hemi. I want to change the muffler and tips, from the cat back. First, will this void my warranty? Also, nobody seems to know the size of what i have now and what I need, even the dealers and aftermarket people I contacted and I have no way of knowing how to find out. Im looking for something that will give it a nice deep roar/throaty sound. I was on carid.com. They have a lot of stuff but they dont guaranteee its gonna fit. Do you have any suggestions on what I need or where I can purchase something like that? Mopar has not yet come out with anything for these new body styles so it seems like flowmaster or maybe something else you think is good. Price wise I am pretty flexible and dont mind paying a little more for something as long as it looks and sounds pretty and wont rust! Thank you so much for any help or advise you may have.

JB

DGoral31 12-15-2011 07:34 PM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Hell yeah!!! I'll be doing the same early next week :) is yours a catback?

StoneCold 12-16-2011 04:23 AM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbulgner (Post 534849)
I am new to posting on threads and have not quite figured out this whole thing yet. However, I came across yours and you seem to know a bit about my issue. I just bought a 2011 JGC overland with the 5.7 Hemi. I want to change the muffler and tips, from the cat back. First, will this void my warranty? Also, nobody seems to know the size of what i have now and what I need, even the dealers and aftermarket people I contacted and I have no way of knowing how to find out. Im looking for something that will give it a nice deep roar/throaty sound. I was on carid.com. They have a lot of stuff but they dont guaranteee its gonna fit. Do you have any suggestions on what I need or where I can purchase something like that? Mopar has not yet come out with anything for these new body styles so it seems like flowmaster or maybe something else you think is good. Price wise I am pretty flexible and dont mind paying a little more for something as long as it looks and sounds pretty and wont rust! Thank you so much for any help or advise you may have.

JB

As far as I'm aware, over here any such mods will void a warranty, but it may be different where you are (I wouldn't imagine so though).

Although I fitted the tip myself (I also had to have an adapter piece custom made) I did have an exhaust shop fit the muffler as I needed about 6 inches of extra pipework to get it to fit. The pipework on a WJ is 2.5" if I remember correctly, but a good shop will be able to make just about anything fit.

It would probably be worth taking it into a reputable shop to let them have a look and let them know the sizes of what you are wanting to fit. They'll then tell you if it's possible and what will be required.

Hope that helps:thumbsup:

StoneCold 12-16-2011 04:24 AM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 534857)
Hell yeah!!! I'll be doing the same early next week :) is yours a catback?

Thanks!:D

No, just replaced the muffler, added about 6" of extra sleeving and a custom made adapter to fit the tip:thumbsup:

DGoral31 12-16-2011 11:59 AM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneCold (Post 535022)
Thanks!:D

No, just replaced the muffler, added about 6" of extra sleeving and a custom made adapter to fit the tip:thumbsup:


cool, sounds good bud! I will be doing a cat back system with 3" piping, im pretty stoked on it!

StoneCold 12-16-2011 06:17 PM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 535129)
cool, sounds good bud! I will be doing a cat back system with 3" piping, im pretty stoked on it!

Awesome! I'm hoping to go true dual soon. Got all the pipework etc. my main issue is surrounding the MOT test we have here and what I can legally get away with

DGoral31 12-16-2011 06:19 PM

Re: Videos of my Magnaflow and Roush performance tip.
 
hmmm is it really worth it to have two pipes instead of one?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community