Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/tsbs-and-9055-champion-plugs-installation-31419.html)

nek121328 11-21-2011 06:56 PM

TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
Took the WK2 in for the spark plug installation this morning at Charlies JEEP (Motor Mall, Augusta, ME). They checked on the TSB's and 6 were applied to mine. I learned Chrysler doesn't warranty TSB's if the customer requests them. So, make sure you specify the issues which should prompt the service writer to have the tech look for updates. That said, Chrysler only pays for one TSB per visit. Performance now is stronger than before. We'll see what happens to MPG.

Troy Cruise 11-21-2011 08:51 PM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
Why did you have the plugs replaced? My hemi is now getting poor mpg and feels sluggish. Im thinking it's the plugs?

nek121328 11-21-2011 08:56 PM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
Wanted to try out the new 9055's. Longer change interval with them. The color on on the OE NGK's were much darker than I expected. Looked like they were exposed to the old MTBE additive.

HEMInator 11-21-2011 10:30 PM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nek121328 (Post 519406)
Took the WK2 in for the spark plug installation this morning at Charlies JEEP (Motor Mall, Augusta, ME). They checked on the TSB's and 6 were applied to mine. I learned Chrysler doesn't warranty TSB's if the customer requests them. So, make sure you specify the issues which should prompt the service writer to have the tech look for updates. That said, Chrysler only pays for one TSB per visit. Performance now is stronger than before. We'll see what happens to MPG.

Sorry to say this is NOT true. I know you're just reporting what you were told but I just got my Jeep back for a few TSBs and an oil change I had done. I had them check 4 TSBs that applied to my Jeep by the build dates. I requested the 4 TSBs and had printed out the TSBs off the WK2jeeps site. They performed them and ordered the parts and I didn't pay a thing. Your dealership is feeding you a bunch of garbage if they are telling you that you can only have 1 TSB done per visit and that if you request them, they're not covered. I've had multiple ones done on my 2009 Dodge Ram at the same time and never had to an issue or had to pay for anything. They are warranty items and listed as such on my invoice. Time for you to find a new dealer who won't pull that stuff on you.

ryorde 11-21-2011 11:09 PM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMInator (Post 519544)
Sorry to say this is NOT true. I know you're just reporting what you were told but I just got my Jeep back for a few TSBs and an oil change I had done. I had them check 4 TSBs that applied to my Jeep by the build dates. I requested the 4 TSBs and had printed out the TSBs off the WK2jeeps site. They performed them and ordered the parts and I didn't pay a thing. Your dealership is feeding you a bunch of garbage if they are telling you that you can only have 1 TSB done per visit and that if you request them, they're not covered. I've had multiple ones done on my 2009 Dodge Ram at the same time and never had to an issue or had to pay for anything. They are warranty items and listed as such on my invoice. Time for you to find a new dealer who won't pull that stuff on you.

I agree. I get multiple TSBs done all the time.

nek121328 11-22-2011 09:44 AM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
They did cover me, but it sounds like their Chrysler rep is the issue.

armoredsaint 11-22-2011 10:15 AM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
I am curious why won't Jeep fix all the TSB at once? Doesn't make sense? :confused:

HEMInator 11-22-2011 05:05 PM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 519739)
I am curious why won't Jeep fix all the TSB at once? Doesn't make sense? :confused:

They will. For whatever reason, his dealership or their Chrysler rep was being difficult. You should identify any and all TSBs that apply, print out the TSBs from the wk2jeeps website and ask your service advisor to perform them all if they apply.

nek121328 11-22-2011 05:36 PM

Re: TSB's & 9055 Champion Plugs installation
 
Has to be the Chrysler rep as the guys at the dealership are excellent.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community