Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   forced induction 4.7 please help!!!!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/forced-induction-4-7-please-help-31491.html)

boom24 11-22-2011 10:10 PM

forced induction 4.7 please help!!!!!!!

So Iam new hear ..I know newbie ...but I've been into jeeps my whole life .performance.and carma audio..I've been a master mechanic ...and a life kng car nut ......so I've been toying with the idea for forced induction I I know a lot of companies usta make superchargers ...I now searching Google there is a guy on hear with a fully built blown 4.7 ...so Iam looking for someone who has brakets for a vortec-paxton ...and if i cnt do that I've been considering the sts universal kit and makeing it work my biggest ?s are the tuneing proses after any ideas....also I would like to get rid of a few systems ...evap .and factory 02s...does anyone know of a way to do this ..I need to pass a state inspection....please any help would be grate

scjeep4.7HO 11-22-2011 10:15 PM

What's up man and welcome.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

boom24 11-22-2011 10:46 PM

Re: forced induction 4.7 please help!!!!!!!

Hey buddy I was actully just going trew ur tread...Iam in amazement over u build ...grate job...u hopefully will become a good friend ..my name is Dave...were did u get u brakets and drive system made?? Any info u are willing to share...what are ur thoughts on turboing the 4.7...also u must have a huge sulection of used parts anything ur willing to part with that could possibly help me on my build

Scottina06 11-23-2011 12:15 AM

welcome! Richie is the 4.7 guru

FlyinRyan 11-23-2011 02:02 AM

Richie, and Duner (not on this site, google his name),and Glitch are really the guys to talk to. Ive dabbled with 4.7 stuff but F/I is something I have not dealt with at this time.

Depending on the state, if any check for CELs or system readiness dont plan on getting rid of the evap or factory o2s.

boom24 11-23-2011 07:11 AM

I appreciate the info and leads ...I need to get rolling on my f/I plan cause my motor is going to the machine shop in less then 3 weeks

scjeep4.7HO 11-23-2011 07:24 PM

I do have allot of parts. I seem to have an issue with letting things go though. hell I have a complete motor in my shed lol.

There are a few guys on dodgeforum.com that were turbo'n their 4.7 Dakota and Mitsubishi raider (their rebadged Dakota) but ran into a glitch I guess because I haven't seen anything from them lately. I personally think if you want maximum performance go turbo but the motor needs built to do anything too serious in any forced induction application.

boom24 11-24-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scjeep4.7HO (Post 520846)
I do have allot of parts. I seem to have an issue with letting things go though. hell I have a complete motor in my shed lol.

There are a few guys on dodgeforum.com that were turbo'n their 4.7 Dakota and Mitsubishi raider (their rebadged Dakota) but ran into a glitch I guess because I haven't seen anything from them lately. I personally think if you want maximum performance go turbo but the motor needs built to do anything too serious in any forced induction application.

Thanks I talked to Nick at airram ROFL awile yesterday ...hit a new road block the company that made forged cranks for us 4.7 owners dosnt make them anymore ..so now I Gutta get my hands on a crank from a 4.7ho ...anyone who has one please let me know....till I find one it stops my whole build.....and I think Iam just gunna do a eaton m112 or get brackets to run a paxton ....hint hint...lol

SoCalMoparWK 11-24-2011 04:21 PM

Welcome 4.7 brother...

Scottina06 11-24-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boom24 (Post 521180)
Thanks I talked to Nick at airram ROFL awile yesterday ...hit a new road block the company that made forged cranks for us 4.7 owners dosnt make them anymore ..so now I Gutta get my hands on a crank from a 4.7ho ...anyone who has one please let me know....till I find one it stops my whole build.....and I think Iam just gunna do a eaton m112 or get brackets to run a paxton ....hint hint...lol

K1 tech did a stroker crank for my 08 4.7.....not sure if it would work for you though

FlyinRyan 11-24-2011 05:31 PM

Nobody has ever busted a stock crank...

scjeep4.7HO 11-24-2011 11:09 PM

The way or bottom end has a bed plate, I really don't know if you"have" to have a forged crank. Unless you want to get stupid like me. Get the best ARP bolts/studs and I think it would be fine.