Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Newbie Waiting for New Ride (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/newbie-waiting-for-new-ride-31505.html)

dkommor 11-23-2011 05:23 AM

Newbie Waiting for New Ride

The waiting is killing me! I ordered a 2012 JGC Overland in Stone White with black leather. Bought my chrome Summit bezels and that's all I have.

I would love to see more photos of Stone White Overlands. Well another few weeks won't kill me.

Thanks for all the great info and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Peace,

David

AAAA 11-23-2011 09:01 PM

Re: Newbie Waiting for New Ride

Congrats. Interesting color combination. When is delivery expected?
I also put the Summit bezels on my Limited. On a lighter color JGC, they seem to finish the look.
Where in NY?

Scottina06 11-23-2011 09:26 PM

welcome!

JoePistone 11-24-2011 03:07 AM

Welcome! Man I feel your pain, I ordered the 2011 Overland Hemi in Stone White and I'm still waiting. Complications from every possible angle. I was supposed to technically already have it but in defense of the dealer the last issue that came up with it was from my bank. I've changed my mind and am going to wait to do the whole payment in Cash and just drive off the lot once they finish the registration for me and all that. The only issue that came up with the dealer was resolved on the exact date they told me it'd be resolved. I put a payment to reserve the vehicle, now I'm just waiting for my full comission to come down from work which should ensure that I can pay it cash and still feel financial sound (which should be today, but nothing received yet in my bank account). I decided to do this because

a) the dealer said they'd knock off more in price if I was able to pay fully in cash

b) I already have the money for it in Cash but am waiting for the comission from work to drop in because I'll have very little left if I go and pay it straight right now in cash. I'd like to have more than just a safe amount in my account after purchasing my vehicle.

c) I want to avoid all the crap my bank has thrown at me which is why I'm planning to go straight cash, plus the wait beats any interest on installments and having to go into "debt" that i don't need to get into.

Originally I planned to pay half cash and the rest on installments and then when my comission dropped in I would pay the full amount but complications kept popping up.

I'm hoping to close out this Jeep by the end of next week. So I feel your pain. But remember, it's well worth the wait. When I took that baby for a test drive I was beyond stunned at how well it drove. I actually turned down a Touareg (2nd gen, not the newest one but it was a 2009 model and new at the time) because I didn't feel it drove as well as my 2000 pathfinder. Sure it was more refined considering luxury but I didn't feel it gave me the same offroad ability I had in my pathfinder (you'll be surprised how much crap I've put my pathy through and how well it's taken it - better than most people I know who drive Touaregs offroad). I also felt that my pathy actually drove better considering ride. So coming from someone who is extremely picky about their vehicles and the way they drive, from the test drive I can tell you - it's sooooo worth the wait! Although I didn't take the JGC offroad on the test drive (obviously wouldn't be allowed to) I know from the way it drove it would do great offroad, the technology within it has been reviewed highly and it's a JEEP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! IT'S MADE FOR OFFROADING!! Hahaha.

Congrats on your new purchase, keep us posted when you get her. Welcome to the JG!

jgc4ever 11-24-2011 10:28 AM

Nice color combo choice. And Overland 4x4 Hemi is obviously a great decision. Hope you get it soon.

mrjaydeeone 11-25-2011 08:46 AM

Welcome to JeepGarage|

hops23 11-26-2011 12:13 AM

Welcome, I just picked mine up a week ago. Stone White too...and loving it!

dkommor 11-27-2011 07:43 PM

Post pics. I would love to see it. Not too many Stone Whie Overland pics around. Best of luck!