Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   extended warranty yes/no? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/extended-warranty-yes-no-31548.html)

88diesel 11-23-2011 10:09 PM

extended warranty yes/no?

I was notified buy dealership that I can purchase extended warranty for my 2008 jgc laredo diesel. It has 3 years 60,000km and 5 years 100,000km powertrain warranty. It has 53,000km right now. They want like $2000 to extend the warranty to I think 100,000km and 160,000km. Being that it is diesel should I buy the extended warranty or should I just keep what I have? What should I do?

52233 11-26-2011 09:18 AM

Re: extended warranty yes/no?

160,000 km? go for it. Try to get some free oil changes as well.

sharkbait1 10-14-2013 08:59 PM

I had it for both of my crds. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Mine timed out, not mileage.

mac5217 10-14-2013 09:12 PM

I turned down the extended warranty...never had good xp with extended warranty's Opted to use Geico's Mechanical Break down insurance. Either way I think both options are a gamble...sometimes you win, most times you lose(my xp). I think Giecos MBI is a safe and cheaper bet...if of course you have Geico.

Mac

CHALLENGERBIZJET 10-14-2013 09:14 PM

What does this geico warranty give you that the dealers max unlimited warranty doesn't?

kennzz05 10-14-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET (Post 910670)
What does this geico warranty give you that the dealers max unlimited warranty doesn't?

tow truck driver wears a gecko costume

GC-Nut 10-15-2013 12:55 AM

I would get the extended warranty on that 3.0L. The parts are pricey as hell since not only a diesel but a mercedes. They are a bitch to work on so labour will be high too. You do not want to pay out of your pocket when you need a swirl valve or turbo. Most of the time they also need new intake parts that wear out since they are moving plastic... so yea extend that shit lol.

sharkbait1 10-15-2013 09:03 AM

I think that having the warranty thru chrysler made the difference.. no real issues and all oem parts. my service manager bent a few rules.

SwanSong 02-08-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GC-Nut (Post 910805)
I would get the extended warranty on that 3.0L. The parts are pricey as hell since not only a diesel but a mercedes. They are a bitch to work on so labour will be high too. You do not want to pay out of your pocket when you need a swirl valve or turbo. Most of the time they also need new intake parts that wear out since they are moving plastic... so yea extend that shit lol.

You might want to check the warranty fine print as the one I recently purchased says it will not cover you if your vehicle is used to tow a trailer... it does not cover many of the parts which cause trouble to the 2007 CRD 3.0 Diesel. Things like the Swirl Valve Motor or exhaust emmisions. If you get one make sure it covers "Seals and Gaskets" or you will be stuck for an expensive bill. There are 3 tier groups A, B. & C for rated quality companies. Use the search engine to find out who is in the top "A" group of warranty underwriters and stick with the best. After a $4000 repair bill my "B" rated, nationally known company would not cover, when I get back home I am looking for a better "A" rated policy.