Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Dealer won't honor Price Protection!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/dealer-wont-honor-price-protection-31598.html)

Jeeps 11-25-2011 02:38 PM

Dealer won't honor Price Protection!!!

Mine finally arrived and my dealer won't honor price protection because he says it's only available if there was a price when ordered and needs specific documentation for Chrysler to honor it. No help from Chrysler customer service either as it has to be dealt with the District Manager. Dealer said he already asked District Manager. Anybody else run into this?

GreggSRT8 11-25-2011 02:52 PM

Re: Dealer won't honor Price Protection!!!

Did they try this: (from the letter from Ralph Gillies)

"You must claim price protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Use program number 27EC1."

Jeeps 11-25-2011 03:58 PM

Yep, told dealer about it. Still says can't honor because there was no price when ordered.

MikeH 11-25-2011 04:25 PM

Sounds like your dealer is screwing you.
I think the only requirements were that it was ordered in your name before the date (Aug. 10th). Pretty sure the price protection code is for Chrysler to re-imburse the dealer for selling it for the original, pre August price.

Jeeps 11-25-2011 04:44 PM

I know well they lost a sale because im not paying anymore for it . just disappointing after this long wait.

Jeff_Jeske 11-26-2011 01:44 AM

I doubt they lost a sale..... there will be another someone that's willing to over pay for it.

Milous 11-26-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeps (Post 521765)
Yep, told dealer about it. Still says can't honor because there was no price when ordered.

Your dealer is jacking you around, sorry to hear this. Time to give some some negative publicity...

i0r15 11-26-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske (Post 521967)
I doubt they lost a sale..... there will be another someone that's willing to over pay for it.

And I bet that's the reason why the dealer neglects the price protection...

Bad karma. But some dealers are like that.

Feel free to tell us who the dealer is. Address, phone number and all that.

BOYCHIKS 11-26-2011 10:00 AM

So you ordered it awhile back and they won't honor it?

Milous is right.... I'd pass that and go somewhere else.

Knightrider03m 11-26-2011 01:26 PM

Don't know if they did anything wrong. You ordered it not knowing a price on the truck. That is different from someone ordering it knowing that the price is $55K but then get told that its 60K. You signed a blank check IMO.

WolfeWS6 11-26-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeps (Post 521742)
Mine finally arrived and my dealer won't honor price protection because he says it's only available if there was a price when ordered and needs specific documentation for Chrysler to honor it. No help from Chrysler customer service either as it has to be dealt with the District Manager. Dealer said he already asked District Manager. Anybody else run into this?

If you qualify for the price protection I would contact Chrysler direct to resolve if the dealerships GM or Owner will not honor it.

jgc4ever 11-28-2011 12:11 AM

Dude, you have to be AGRESSIVE / MEAN with them and force them to honor it. Get it done and buy it and never return.