Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Cherokee-SJ and XJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f19/)
-   -   code reader (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f19/code-reader-31602.html)

oldtrail 11-25-2011 05:38 PM

code reader

any suggestions on buying code reader for 2004 jeep cherokee?

SvenskaJeepGuy 11-25-2011 10:28 PM

Re: code reader

welcome! most code readers are the same, just depends on what you are looking for in the reader

2005JGC 11-27-2011 01:10 AM

Like 2 years ago when the budget was tighter than it currently is I needed something to pull codes and clear codes... I went to harbor freight and picked their top of the line unit up for like 120 (on sale for 100 but I sprung for the additional 20 dollar warranty). Honestly I was looking in a cornwell tool flyer last month and saw the SAME thing for like 200 bucks, different color, same shape, same functions, buttons, just a different color and a cornwell sticker on it. I rarely use it but its nice to have when I need to look at something not chrysler, to at the very least pull/clear the code. You can see live data on mine which is nice as compaired to the ones that just show a Pcode and thats it.

Great deal, and it has yet to let me down. If I was spending more time on other genders of vehicles I would be much less satisfied but it serves me well.

oldtrail 11-27-2011 10:07 AM

Thanks for info, bought 2006 cherokee for five dollars, YES 5 BUCKS FROM MY COMPANY with some tranny issues and I drive a company jeep 2004 now, so looking to get information when the need arises.

oldtrail 11-27-2011 12:17 PM

Click on image to zoom

.CAN OBD II Code Reader/ EOBD Scanner

Item # 98614 Manufacturer: Cen-Tech

CAN OBD II Code Reader/ EOBD Scanner shows you what’s wrong with your vehicle

Only: $149.99

Sale: $129.99

Add Items to CartQty: .
Add to Wishlist
Availability: In stock

Leaves the warehouse in 1-2 business days.

Shipping

View Shipping Rates
Economy Ground & Express Shipping available.
(Exclusions may apply)

Get Shipping on Your Order! More details
DELIVERY TIME SHIPPING RATES
Standard Ground Shipping* 3-7 business days for shipping, plus processing time Order Size Rate
Enjoy $6.99 Flat-Rate Shipping, Plus Free Handling And Insurance!
Through December 31, 2011
(Overweight Charges May Apply)

Express Delivery 2 business days for shipping, plus processing time Rate calculated based on shipping address and product weight
Premium Delivery 1 business day for shipping, plus processing time Rate calculated based on shipping address and product weight

Most orders will be processed and leave our warehouses within 1-2 business days from the time your order is placed. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will be processed on Monday.

*Overweight items are shipped via freight delivery, please allow up to 15 business days for shipping. Standard Ground Shipping rates apply to deliveries within the continental Unites States.

Customer Rating:
4.0(24)

Read 24 ReviewsWrite a Review
.DescriptionNow you can find out what’s wrong with your car...no need to go to a dealer or repair shop. This CAN OBD II Code Reader/ EOBD Scanner “reads” your car’s computer to tell you what the issues are. Your vehicle’s OBD II system monitors emission control systems and key engine components by performing either continuous or periodic tests of specific components and vehicle conditions.

■Read and clear trouble codes in all OBDII compliant vehicles from 1996 and newer
■Supports all OBD II protocols and the Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol
■Multilingual menu and Diagnostic Trouble Code definitions (English, Spanish and French)
■Resets Check Engine light
■USB cable for updating reader and printing data via personal computer
■Reads Power Control Module and Transmission Control Module data
■Views freeze frame data and graphs data
■Displays live O2 sensor data
■Easy-to-read backlit LCD display
■Updatable database
No batteries required, powered by vehicle's battery. Off-vehicle memory review requires 9 volt battery (included).

Overall dimensions: 3.74" W x 7" L x 1.5" thick
Shipping Weight: 2.10 lbs.
whats your thoughts on this code reader?

lll2for3lll 11-27-2011 12:58 PM

Might as well buy a tuner that can read codes. My opinion.

J13ntv 11-30-2011 11:42 PM

I bought this for 21 and it works great. http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan...1&sr=8-1-spell

kennzz05 12-04-2011 05:30 AM

ok so if they stopped making the CHEROKEE (xj) in 2001 what are you guys talkin about?

ive got an acctron

and you are aware that most auto parts stores not only sell these readers
but will come out to your truck and hookup and read them and clear them for free with there own reader