Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Tint on 2012 JGC X (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/tint-on-2012-jgc-x-31683.html)

Discount80 11-27-2011 03:46 PM

Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
I just got my 2012 Black Crystal Pearcoat and want to match the windows on the front 2 doors to what it comes with from the manufacturer. Has anyone here been able to match it? If so what color and % is it that you used? If you have pics of this it would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

HemiFan 11-27-2011 05:38 PM

Re: Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
No pics, but I believe it is 18percent from the factory.

2011OVERLANDBLK 11-27-2011 06:25 PM

Re: Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
I have always heard that the closest match to factory was 20% - - that may be wrong, but is what I was told.

jeepster23 11-27-2011 06:51 PM

Re: Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
All tints differ slightly but 18-20% usually matches stock tint the best.

BrilliantBlack 11-29-2011 08:08 AM

Re: Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
I've heard 18% but tint goes by 5% increments so you can either go 15% slightly darker or 20% slightly lighter, search my threads, I got my BB done but I just told the guy to do whatever he could to match the rears as vest possible. I don't know what percentage he did and it matches spot on. I think its a mental thing if I knew what percent it was I'd bitch that its darker or lighter haha

Melissa5366 12-07-2011 11:35 PM

Re: Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
Just had my jeep done this past sat and its 15% to match the factory and it looks perfect.

bmrisko 12-08-2011 08:18 AM

Re: Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
When I was at the tint shop we metered the rear windows and they measured 20%. I went with Suntek CXP 18 and it matches perfectly from the outside...the light let in from the windshield makes the front windows appear a bit lighter. From the inside the fronts appear just a hair darker, which is to be expected.

Jeep_addicted 12-08-2011 10:33 AM

Re: Tint on 2012 JGC X
 
20% will match...

Down here 35% is the darkest legal tint for front windows.

We had mobile tint guy do both JGC's at the same time.

He did the first one with 35% on the doors and a 20% windshield band (my impression was since the entire iterior was a light color it showed through the tint to much for my liking.)

I had him do mine in 20% on the windows and a 35% band on the windshield and the cops haven't bothered me because they have no trouble seeing the occupants of the vehicle.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community