Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (
-   -   Any pont in upgrading Mygig?? (

i0r15 11-27-2011 08:00 PM

Any pont in upgrading Mygig??
Pardon my ignorance. But I got the ren/rez mygig. And there are currently newer firmware than what I got. But is it worth it? What will the benefit be of it all?? I have no current problem with my Mygig nor Uconnect.
I mean with almost all firmware upgrades, despite what device it's for, there are always risks that the upgrade actually harm the hardware.
So what do you think??

08Hemi 11-27-2011 11:36 PM

Re: Any pont in upgrading Mygig??
As long as you are doing the proper incremental update and burn it as a data disc with the required folders you are good to go. What version is currently installed on yours? Immo on here know his $hit so hit him up if you have any questions. I just updated my rer to 2.402 and it fixed all my iPhone display issues when calling and may have fixed eject delays I was experiencing. If you don't have issues it may be a moot point, but if done right the process is seamless...make sure to burn at 10x speed to ensure no burn issues.

*sox* 11-28-2011 02:33 AM

Re: Any pont in upgrading Mygig??

when you have the REN/REZ the last and newest update are the 9.292.

but when your application are 8.4xxx or 9.10xx dont go, you must first install the 9.113 and the you cam go to 9.292

i0r15 11-28-2011 04:47 AM

Re: Any pont in upgrading Mygig??
Thanks Brand and Marco!
No I haven't had any issues what so ever. Wherfore I've never even bothered with an update.
Though I am a bit behind in the technology and will get my first iphone next week. So then I'll see how it handles that, with calls and music playback. But with my current Sony Ericsson phone I have never had any issues.

erthen86 10-13-2014 04:01 PM

Re: Any pont in upgrading Mygig??
where can i download 9.292

*sox* 10-13-2014 04:11 PM

Re: Any pont in upgrading Mygig??
From my server, look my sig

.........iPhone JeepGarage-App

erthen86 10-13-2014 04:32 PM

Re: Any pont in upgrading Mygig??

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community