Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   No power after warming up! 5.7 HEMI (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/no-power-after-warming-up-5-7-hemi-31725.html)

GrandFa 11-28-2011 05:46 AM

No power after warming up! 5.7 HEMI

Hello, dear colleagues!
I read here a lot, but have not yet found an answer to my questions and decided to post it topic!
The question is: can anyone come across, but was not paying attention!
I have a Grand Cherokee 5.7 Overland from Canada, bought new.
I began to notice strange feature, until the engine has not reached operating temperature, on heating to about 75-80 degrees more, the car rides well, starts quickly, accelerates fast! Once the engine is fully warmed up, there is a strange variation, the car just goes! Slap and dynamic acceleration followed by sluggish and even with what that strange sound set speed, the car will drive starts sluggishly, the impression of something that she is missing! </span>And then, while hot as always! In the morning warm-up power comes again!
Maybe someone encountered this problem, share, someone can not pay attention, you never know do not have to fast start, I'm still here and run in at all until 3000 km traveled specially very quiet and does not have noticed this feature!

P.S. Well, speed limiter at 180 km/h strongly breaks off, can someone know if he is removed from a dealer flashing the brain, or as something else?

grateful to all who responded!
__________________________________________________ _______________
PS problem not mine. published from Russian Jeep Forum...

wardy 11-30-2011 03:16 PM

Re: No power after warming up! 5.7 HEMI

Yes me too. Thought i was crazy but this is exactly what is happening.

Any ideas? I think the oil is too thin?

SixZeroFour 11-30-2011 04:36 PM

I'm fairly certain this is due to heat soak and the engine retarding the timing once its hot. Not a whole lot that can be done until tuners crack the ECU and start playing with timing maps.

Scottina06 11-30-2011 04:38 PM

what grade gasoline are you using?

Its sounds like once the catalytic converters heat up to desired temp...the PCM is limiting performance for some odd reason. Maybe bad cats? Bad PCM? I would take to dealer for diagnosis.

No engine lights? etc? Any mods to the engine?

Suggest them to resett the PCM by disconecting the negative terminal on the battery and then stepping on brake pedal sevral times...theen waiting 20-30 minutes.

Darby Crash 11-30-2011 06:27 PM

I thought I was crazy too, but I'm having the same exact issue. I'm using the recommended gas, no engine lights going on and all I have is the K&N drop in filter. I thought it might have something to do with my flowmasters, but I know it’s not after reading other people are having the same issues.

rpoverland 11-30-2011 09:08 PM

Mine does the same thing. I also have a 2010 RR Sport and that one has no issues with performance at all.

GrandFa 12-01-2011 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 524952)
what grade gasoline are you using?

regular 95 rus
Quote:

No engine lights? etc? Any mods to the engine?

No. Just a new car...
Quote:

Suggest them to resett the PCM by disconecting the negative terminal on the battery and then stepping on brake pedal sevral times...theen waiting 20-30 minutes.

Thnks!I will...

GrandFa 12-01-2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixZeroFour (Post 524950)
Not a whole lot that can be done until tuners crack the ECU and start playing with timing maps.

:confused: this car purchased from "non-official" (Canadian) dealer and so it hasn't a warranty coat in Russia