Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   My hat's off to Timmy B (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/my-hats-off-to-timmy-b-3174.html)

eddiefig 10-09-2009 06:18 PM

My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Thanks to Timmy's thread, I tried what he did and PRESTO!, my dual color LED's are finally alive and well. I ran them for a good while, went for a ride, turned the blinkers on and off and whatever else it did to piss me off but NOT ANYMORE. Lol. Stayed on and came back to white a second after the amber went off. I had the two existing 3 Ohm resistors from VLEDS and the one and only 1.2 Ohm resistor I got from ebay. I put the 1.2 Ohm on the driver's side because as you know its a tight spot. I than put the two 3 Ohm resistors in parallel (which made it 1.5 Ohms) on the passenger side. These single 1.2 Ohm resistors seem extremely hard to come buy so as an alternative you can just order four 3 Ohm resistors from VLEDS instead of two. If you have two already, get two more. I've been back and forth with Jake from VLEDS and he said he would definately get these 1.2 Ohm resistors if this was the fix. For those of you that have patience, by all means, wait for that day. Lol. Thanks again Timmy and whoever else helped you out.

Chuck 10-09-2009 06:42 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiefig (Post 76181)
Thanks to Timmy's thread, I tried what he did and PRESTO!, my dual color LED's are finally alive and well. I ran them for a good while, went for a ride, turned the blinkers on and off and whatever else it did to piss me off but NOT ANYMORE. Lol. Stayed on and came back to white a second after the amber went off. I had the two existing 3 Ohm resistors from VLEDS and the one and only 1.2 Ohm resistor I got from ebay. I put the 1.2 Ohm on the driver's side because as you know its a tight spot. I than put the two 3 Ohm resistors in parallel (which made it 1.5 Ohms) on the passenger side. These single 1.2 Ohm resistors seem extremely hard to come buy so as an alternative you can just order four 3 Ohm resistors from VLEDS instead of two. If you have two already, get two more. I've been back and forth with Jake from VLEDS and he said he would definately get these 1.2 Ohm resistors if this was the fix. For those of you that have patience, by all means, wait for that day. Lol. Thanks again Timmy and whoever else helped you out.

Nice, very nice. That must look sick

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0200.gif http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0046.gif

Wheres the photos :D And welcome to the club http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animated/anim_19.gif

Too much smilies?

I should add this is an awesome mod to have. I suggest anyone considering this to go for it.

eddiefig 10-09-2009 07:13 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Yes. When they work, they are so purrty. I will get photos ASAP.

Robert Palmer 10-09-2009 08:23 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiefig (Post 76198)
Yes. When they work, they are so purrty. I will get photos ASAP.

1.) Grab camera
2.) Walk out of your house
3.) Go to the driveway
4.) Turn on Lights
5.) Take a couple of pics
6.) Upload to photobucket
7.) Post a new thread


:D

eddiefig 10-09-2009 08:29 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Everyone loves a smart ass, Joe. Lol. BRB.

Matt 10-09-2009 08:51 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
LOL @ Joe

robpp 10-09-2009 09:28 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Way to go Timmy. he figured iot out before V-Leds has.............

HEMIBeast 10-09-2009 09:33 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Pardon my ignorance but what are v-leds? I see alot of talk about them.

Matt 10-09-2009 09:35 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIBeast (Post 76307)
Pardon my ignorance but what are v-leds? I see alot of talk about them.

Check out Eddies thread

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=3180

They are dual colored LED that are white for driving and change to able when flashing (hazards or blinker).

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php...light=dual+led

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmxtVFGpTdM

HEMIBeast 10-09-2009 09:43 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Thanks Matt!!

Chuck 10-09-2009 09:47 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIBeast (Post 76323)
Thanks Matt!!

And incase you still don't know V-LEDs is a website which sells LED bulbs. The particular one we are talking about is the Type 2 or Stage 2 I forgot the name bulb. Basically, its functions as two colors white for running and amber for turning but in order to accomplish this you need to use resistors and splice in the wires. I did on mine months ago and its awesome. I highly suggest them as long as you WK guys have you resistors figure out. :thumbsup:

eddiefig 10-09-2009 09:47 PM

Re: My hat's off to Timmy B
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIBeast (Post 76307)
Pardon my ignorance but what are v-leds? I see alot of talk about them.

VLEDS is a company that makes and sells all kinds of LEDs for your vehicle. They pretty much have every bulb for your vehicle in LED.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community