Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (
-   -   Gears (

MrWow 11-29-2011 10:39 AM

Is there any word out there about the possibilty of regearing the OD so MDS can actually work more frequently instead of flipping back and forth on slight inclines?

Chaoul1 11-29-2011 10:50 AM

Re: Gears
Once a Tuner comes out for your WK2, it will be a lot better. You can even deactivate the MDS once a Tuner becomes available.

MrWow 11-29-2011 12:59 PM

I am a fan of the mds because my commute to work is a lot of highway (50mi) 1 way right now. So you think the tuner will. have MDS adjustments or just an on off?

MrWow 11-30-2011 09:24 AM

I still think even with a tuner, despite the power being better, a different OD gear would yield significantly better performance out of the MDS system when cruising. The timing is good on the MDS and I wouldn't want to alter in and cause less response or more doggy feeling out of it. I just want to make its life easier for my long daily commute. I know its a gas slut V8 and I didn't buy the car to get any major increase in MPG from my loaded JK, but having MDS work is a really nice feature to have for us long commuters/trip takers.

Chaoul1 11-30-2011 11:46 AM

Lol with a Tuner you'll get better gas mileage without MDS.

MrWow 11-30-2011 11:50 AM

It'll still shift out of mds every time i hit a slight incline. Thats whats stupid, it works great on perfectly flat ground and down hill but a slight hill it pops out. I am still going to do a tuner and hopefully can lock my QL in OR2 height amung the power/efficiency gains. Any new word on a tuner yet anyway?