Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   One problem fixed, a lot? more appear... U110A, U0114 & U1411 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/one-problem-fixed-a-lot-more-appear-u110a-u0114-and-u1411-31804.html)

kyle.jg 11-29-2011 06:49 PM

One problem fixed, a lot? more appear... U110A, U0114 & U1411

So the other day my Jeep wouldn't start at all. Took it to the dealer and they cleaned some dirty/corroded cables going to my starter, re-seated the battery and tightened the negative terminal.

Drove fine for the last 3 days and now today I stop to get gas. While leaving the parking station, I break just before going over a speed bump, as I go over it I hear a grinding noise, and my brake pedal presses fully in as if there's no resistance for half a second. I take my foot off the brake and brake again and it brakes normally. I notice all my lights have turned off (switch set to auto) and I manually put them on which works, then back to auto again and nothing is on. My instrument panel doesn't show what it was set to show. The CEL is on and I can see my mileage but that's it. I park it right away, turn the engine off and back on and my instrument panel comes back, CEL still on, and everything seems fine. Get back to the house and use my Trinity to check the codes and it comes up with the U110A, U0114 & U1411.

Anyone know what the hell happened?

robpp 11-29-2011 07:15 PM

Re: One problem fixed, a lot? more appear... U110A, U0114 & U1411

to me........just a forum mutt.....your battery is POO POO/

kyle.jg 11-29-2011 09:54 PM

Possibly, but how does a bad battery cause a grinding noise and no resistance on a brake pedal for half a second?

jeepgcoman 11-30-2011 09:46 PM

You obviously have more than one problem here. All those codes are communications related....lost or implausible. Do all the easy, low/no cost stuff first. Like robpp said, check the battery....do a load (discharge) and a capacitance test, if possible. Could also be an ignition switch. Check all wiring connections (plugs) to the PCM/TCM, and at the Control Modules. Pull and reset all fuses/relays within the modules. Clear the codes. Carefully drive it again. If that doesn't do it, here's a bunch of stuff from another DCX forum. This doesn't addresss the brake problem though. Are there any brake related codes showing?

"U110A is lost communication with SCCM- CAN C. Check the SCCM connector first and make sure the connector terminals aren't pushing out or spreading open. To do this, you have to remove the steering wheel and then the SCM (The part of the column that contains the SCCM, multi-function switch, the cruise switch, the clockspring, and the SAS). Make sure the clip that locks the connector to the column bracket is present. There is a replacement connector available. Otherwise, the SCCM may be the culprit."

U110A-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SCCM - CAN C

https://w05.dealerconnect.chrysler.c...S/813994ea.gif

For a complete wiring diagram Refer to Section 8W

• When Monitored:
  • With the ignition on
  • Battery voltage between 10 and 16 volts
  • IOD fuse installed
  • FCM is configured correctly
  • Set Condition: Bus messages not received from the SCM (CAN C) for approximately 200ms.
Possible Causes:
-CAN B BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
-DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
-FCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
-STEERING CONTROL MODULE
-STEERING CONTROL MODULE POWER AND GROUND
-MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

Diagnostic Test

1. VERIFY DTC IS ACTIVE

NOTE: Ensure the IOD fuse is installed and battery voltage is between 10 and 16 volts before proceeding.
With the scan tool, read active DTCs.

Is this DTC active?

Yes
  • Go To 2
No 2. CHECK FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVE DTCS

With the scan tool, read active DTCs from all modules.

NOTE: Check for FCM configuration, CAN B or C hardware electrical, VIN Missing/Mismatch, battery or ignition related DTCs.

Does the scan tool display any active DTCs to the conditions listed above?

Yes No
  • Go To 3
3. VERIFY THAT THE SCM IS ACTIVE ON THE BUS

Turn the ignition on.
With the scan tool, select ECU View.
Verify that the SCM is active on the bus.

Is the SCM active on the bus?

Yes
  • Go To 4
No 4. CHECK FOR ADDITIONAL COMMUNICATION RELATED DTCS

With the scan tool, select Network View and select Advanced.

Is there more than one module with active DTCs “Logged Against” the SCM?

Yes No Keep us posted on your findings.

kyle.jg 12-01-2011 01:41 AM

Drove it this morning and the CEL was off. Drove 100KM with 6 key cycles throughout the day and had no other issues with it.

When it was at the dealership the other day, I had them looking at my sunroof, passenger power window, and the volume controls on my steering wheel. Could they have screwed something up while looking at the volume control? Issue is that when the car is hot (hot summer day or heat on full blast for long period of time) the volume up button will turn the volume down instead. I asked them to quote me on fixing that so I assumed they did something with the steering wheel to get access to it?