Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Just ordered u7137 predator..... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/just-ordered-u7137-predator-31891.html)

uglycar 12-01-2011 01:51 PM

Just ordered u7137 predator.....

I have an 06 5.7 with AFE intake and flowmaster muffler. What is the most favored setting to use with my mods and performance? Its not here yet, and im sure my wife will make me put it under the Christmas tree. But when I get to open it up and install it, which settings work best? Which are not worth my time....I have searched the forum pretty high and low, and cannot find much as actual using the predator

uglycar 12-04-2011 12:01 AM

Re: Just ordered u7137 predator.....

I will add to this and say that I have 87, 89 and 91 octane fuel available around me. The 89 is the cheapest due to the ethanol content. Would I see more performance out of 89 fuel with an 87 tune....or 89 fuel with an 87 tune and the timing advanced 2 degrees? Or 89 fuel with a 91 tune and timing turned back 2 degrees...or just suck it up and pay for 91 fuel and use the 91 tune? I have even been though google all day and have no certain answer

Redpit 12-04-2011 06:43 PM

For performance definately use the highest octane fuel you have available. In your case 91 and with the corresponding 91 tune. Look into Ryan's trans tune too.

Crestwood1001 12-04-2011 06:46 PM

Get in touch with diablo toona. Ask in the srt8 forum, tell him what you have, what fuel you will use... Things like that and he will make you a custom tune

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

ekaz 12-04-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 527357)
Get in touch with diablo toona. Ask in the srt8 forum, tell him what you have, what fuel you will use... Things like that and he will make you a custom tune

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Send me a PM and I can get you his contact info if you want

FlyinRyan 12-04-2011 08:48 PM

I have always seen the best performance/mileage out of a high octane tune, with conservative driving.

jeepgcoman 12-13-2011 12:03 AM

Wives really know how to torture us, don't they? Under the tree until Christmas??? Bah, Humbug!! Maybe an empty box under the tree until a tune is installed before Christmas, LOL! Then back in the box for the grand opening.

IMO, the best thing to do is try them all and determine which one suits you the best. To do it right though will take several months. When I first got mine I ran each tune for about a month and a half, under all driving conditions. I also noted "seat of the pants" performance and fuel economy. Be aware that all fuels ARE NOT created equal, and different fuels render different results. Like everyone said, the higher performance tunes also tend to deliver the best power and the best fuel economy......when driven in a sane manner. The biggest decision you'll probably have to make is which will deliver the best of everything for the least fuel cost. Where you're at, I suspect near sea level, you probably won't be able to "fudge" on fuel octane levels like I can at higher altitudes. If fuel prices are no object, you'll probably end up with the 91 or 93 tune. Otherwise, ????