Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Dumps?

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  hemi.jon 
#1 ·
Where can i get an exhaust dump/gate/split/Y what ever they are called? How much?

#5 ·
Jon do you have a sound clip?

#7 ·
Nice video. Your jeep sounds sick.

#13 · (Edited)
What i am looking at is this. I love my exhaust, but there are deff times when its annoying, or its late and i want a quiet get away. Also i may be pulling a horse trailer in the future, (a small one for 2 horses locally) and my fiance wont let me do it with my exhaust.

I basically want a stock or quiet muffler with a stock tail pipe, and then have the dumps just before it for when i want some sound.

But my concern is will it be too loud or obnoxious? (i have not listened to your clip yet)

Right now IMHO, my exhaust on my 4.7 is LOUD. If i really get on it, my jeep can be very loud on the inside let alone the out side.

My current setup is a straight through muffler with the fiberglass or what ever material batting on both sides of the straight through pipe, that muffler is welded to the stock flange, then there is no more then 2 feet of pipe before its dual tip exit. So the exhaust is very short. Most people dont believe that its only a 4.7 V8.

So i figure if i can turn it on and off that would be the best option.

Can you put a flange on the dump and possibly run a pipe or a muffler off that for other exhaust options?

I was thinking of keeping my side exit tips where they are, connecting the dump to that w/o a muffler and then just making sure the stock tail pipe is hidden enough that it would not be noticed that there are technically 2 exhausts on the jeep w/o looking under it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.