Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Mopar Pedal Kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/mopar-pedal-kit-31904.html)

Wxchaser 12-01-2011 06:00 PM

Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Got the Mopar pedal kit on, it snowed here today so the pedals are not completely clean. I like the feel and look of the pedals, they went on fairly easily, no knuckle busting :)

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ous/pedals.jpg

4th Cherokee 12-01-2011 07:38 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Nice, just added the item to my Xmas list

sined240 12-01-2011 07:58 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wxchaser (Post 525590)
they went on fairly easily, no knuckle busting :)

LIES!!!

As an aside, the top part of the brake pedal doesn't seem like it is sitting correctly

Wxchaser 12-01-2011 08:06 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sined240 (Post 525678)
LIES!!!

As an aside, the top part of the brake pedal doesn't seem like it is sitting correctly

I just followed the tips I'd read on here and put it on from the bottom to the top, then used a jeweler's screwdriver to get the edges on the brake pedal seated (after heating it up). I used some soap solution to help ease it on.
As far as I can tell the brake pedal is fully seated. Probably the crappy angle from my picture.

sined240 12-01-2011 08:48 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wxchaser (Post 525687)
I just followed the tips I'd read on here and put it on from the bottom to the top, then used a jeweler's screwdriver to get the edges on the brake pedal seated (after heating it up). I used some soap solution to help ease it on.
As far as I can tell the brake pedal is fully seated. Probably the crappy angle from my picture.

Just messing with ya, good for you if you got it on without much issues. Many members tried and busted their knuckles but resorted to the dealer to get it installed, because they were defeated. I can say that I got it on but not after some choice words and battle scars to prove it.

jgc4ever 12-01-2011 08:54 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
I negotiated the mopar pedal kit installed price of $50 before taking delivery. :cool:

Cherodude 12-02-2011 05:55 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Installing the pedals yourself is a WK2 rite of passage. Good job!

Jeep_addicted 12-03-2011 02:53 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
I did two set in the same day on our '11 and '12 and resulted in banning my palm with the flat head. The bad part is I tuned out the whole experience so I can't even offer fitting tips to anyone else.

Webbstar842 01-27-2012 03:11 AM

Haha...so glad I saw this thread...i just installed tonight...after about a good hour, I'm missing the tip of my middle finger from a monster blister that formed and then subsequently tore off, three bloody knuckles and one installed Mopar brake pedal....my kit had no directions and I started with the brake pedal first, so after that beast, I really thought the gas was going to be similar in difficulty....whew, talk about a rite of passage


I'm cruisin' in a 2012 Mineral Grey Jeep Grand Cherokee X Series w/ the Black Leather Interior...God, I love this ride

Brewster 01-27-2012 08:24 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
I couldn't do it! I tried, I just could not get the top of the brake pedal on. So one trip to the dealer and $45 buck later, I have these as well.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-27-2012 10:54 PM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Have them on my WK simple install that looks great

rockrash 01-28-2012 08:18 AM

Re: Mopar Pedal Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wxchaser (Post 525590)
Got the Mopar pedal kit on, it snowed here today so the pedals are not completely clean. I like the feel and look of the pedals, they went on fairly easily, no knuckle busting :)

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ous/pedals.jpg

Do they offer a kit including emergency brake pedal also?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community