Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Storing recovery gear... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/storing-recovery-gear-31942.html)

Crestwood1001 12-02-2011 05:16 PM

Storing recovery gear...

Alright guys, Iv got some stuff coming next week, a hi-lift jack, the hi lift accessory for lifting from the rim, a 30' recovery strap, and a smitty built receiver D ring shackle. Ill be storing the hi-lift on the sanguaro mount on the rola, and the receiver will stay in the hitch, but I want a nice way to store the strap and the parts for the hi lift. Has anyone came up with clean storage for the back of the WK? Or does anyone have any tips?

bradley4kc 12-02-2011 10:56 PM

Re: Storing recovery gear...

What about keeping them in a dry-bag on the rola? Or are you looking to keep them in the rig?

bradley4kc 12-02-2011 10:58 PM

I forgot to mention, with the rim strap attatchment on your hi-lift you'll want to carry a jack stand in order to throw on a spare tire if need be.

JeepCoop 12-02-2011 11:28 PM

I keep my recovery strap in my way back storage compartment. Fits perfectly and is hidden till needed. If not there try the side compartments of the way back.

omelet 12-03-2011 12:17 AM

I keep most of my spare parts and recovery equipment in the rear hidden compartments. My other crap (tool bag, Hi-Lift, jerry cans) are just bungeed or strapped down in the back until I can get my rear carrier made.

Crestwood1001 12-03-2011 12:23 AM

Id prefer to keep it all interior, ill have to check out the size of the stuff once it comes. Lots of bday presents lol

JeepCoop 12-03-2011 12:27 AM

You'll have plenty of room for your shizzie in your back compartments!

I actually zip tied my hi-lift to the back 2 tab things for now! Works wonderful!

Crestwood1001 12-03-2011 12:38 AM

Ill have to play around with it, if my dad grabs me a few more things I might just ask for a nice gear bag for xmas. Id like a nice snatch block and some other stuff for recovery. Hey looks like paying attention in ropes class might pay off lol

omelet 12-03-2011 12:44 AM

If you don't have a winch you don't need a snatch block. Your recovery strap will work fine!

Crestwood1001 12-03-2011 12:45 AM

I know but I like to have stuff lol never know what I might add in the future

bradley4kc 12-03-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omelet (Post 526462)
If you don't have a winch you don't need a snatch block. Your recovery strap will work fine!

I'd say if you're gonna have recovery gear you may as well have a snatch block or two. Someone you're wheeling with or come across on your journeys will need a snatch block at some point and chances are, someone will have a winch. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Crestwood1001 12-03-2011 03:26 PM

When we were in ropes class one of the instructors had a really cool lead for the ropes. Im gonna try and find a pic of it but I can't remember the name