Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Turning Off Confirmation Prompts Doesn't Work (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/turning-off-confirmation-prompts-doesnt-work-31982.html)

dsmith14 12-03-2011 01:55 PM

Turning Off Confirmation Prompts Doesn't Work

I am trying to turn off the UConnect Confirmation Prompts.

I enter Setup and then Confirmation Prompts. The system says "confirmation prompts are on, would you like to turn them off?" I say yes and the system confirms that the prompts are now off. However, when I place a call, the system still says, "Calling John mobile, is this correct?" Any advice?

pcastro1111 12-03-2011 03:50 PM

Re: Turning Off Confirmation Prompts Doesn't Work

Same here, tried the "would you like to turn them off?" in the setup (431), and everything stays the same. Uconnect prompts confirmations for everything.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Eric67 12-04-2011 08:30 AM

did not know of the option of turning of conf prompts. Just checked and it works for my 730 REW. Makes it a lot faster. Thanks.
Hope you guys can get it workning !

xsdbs 12-05-2011 12:16 PM

When you turn the confirmations prompts off, you are not fully shutting her up. What you are doing is cutting out the part where she says "calling"
EX: Call John mobile --- "call John mobile, is this correct"-----yes-- with the confirmation prompts on, she would say "calling". Without the prompts, she would say say "calling John mobile is this correct" -- yes -- then start dialing.
With prompts on --- call 2345678 --- "calling 2345678, is this correct" --- yes --- ""calling"
with prompts off --- call 2345678 --- "calling 2345678"
So where the confirmation prompts "off" does more help is in digit dialing. It eliminates only the "calling" at the end of a call out of the phone book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmith14 (Post 526664)
I am trying to turn off the UConnect Confirmation Prompts.

I enter Setup and then Confirmation Prompts. The system says "confirmation prompts are on, would you like to turn them off?" I say yes and the system confirms that the prompts are now off. However, when I place a call, the system still says, "Calling John mobile, is this correct?" Any advice?

BWoodJeep 12-05-2011 05:17 PM

ugh... She talks too much... I wish I could get her to stop telling me a call completes after I hang up... pretty sure when I pushed "end call" I was aware that the call was completed.

JoeSchmoe007 12-05-2011 05:28 PM

Anyone remember this episode from "Tomorrow never dies" (quote copied from IMDB):

"When Bond hands the BMW to the valet in Hamburg, he tells him in German "Lass dich nicht verarschen", referring to the on-board computer's female voice. The subtitle reads "Don't let her push you around", which is inaccurate. The accurate translation would be "Don't let her take you for a ride"."

77Cherokee 12-05-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 527794)
With prompts on --- call 2345678 --- "calling 2345678, is this correct" --- yes --- ""calling"
with prompts off --- call 2345678 --- "calling 2345678"
So where the confirmation prompts "off" does more help is in digit dialing. It eliminates only the "calling" at the end of a call out of the phone book.

I hate to cause confusion but I have the prompts off and she still repeats "calling" on phone book calls. I don't see a difference whether prompts are on or off. :screwy:

JTP (WI) 12-05-2011 08:16 PM

Okay, am I being a moron? Just spent 5 minutes trying to find where you guys are turning these prompts on and off and can't find anything. Where are you going in the menus to get to this option? Thanks.

Deception 12-06-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Cherokee (Post 528032)
I hate to cause confusion but I have the prompts off and she still repeats "calling" on phone book calls. I don't see a difference whether prompts are on or off. :screwy:

This removes the unnecessary questions that UConnect adds to the car. "Would you like to call John mobile" instead says "Calling John mobile".

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTP (WI) (Post 528119)
Okay, am I being a moron? Just spent 5 minutes trying to find where you guys are turning these prompts on and off and can't find anything. Where are you going in the menus to get to this option? Thanks.

Click the VR button on your steering wheel and go through the setup through that.

77Cherokee 12-06-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deception (Post 528268)
This removes the unnecessary questions that UConnect adds to the car. "Would you like to call John mobile" instead says "Calling John mobile".

Thanks. Sounds like it really doesn't make much difference. Anxiously awaiting a software patch. :)

xsdbs 12-06-2011 04:12 PM

I tried to gag her by putting a sock in the CD slot, it didn't work either.:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWoodJeep (Post 528004)
ugh... She talks too much... I wish I could get her to stop telling me a call completes after I hang up... pretty sure when I pushed "end call" I was aware that the call was completed.

Eric67 12-07-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 528831)
I tried to gag her by putting a sock in the CD slot, it didn't work either.:D:D

LOL:lol::lol: