Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   SRT manifolds (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/srt-manifolds-31990.html)

kyle2k 12-03-2011 03:42 PM

SRT manifolds
 
Hey guys, this is my first post, but I was just curious if people think the SRT manifolds from the 6.1 would be a viable option for fitment, avoid needing an immediate tune, and improve sound and performance?

FlyinRyan 12-03-2011 03:46 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Welcome. Yes the jeep manifolds fit with minor modifications. Email me if you need a tune...

kyle2k 12-03-2011 03:52 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 526704)
Welcome. Yes the jeep manifolds fit with minor modifications. Email me if you need a tune...

You have one for the WK2?

FlyinRyan 12-03-2011 04:03 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Oops....didnt even realize this is the WK2 section....no sorry no tuning yet

kyle2k 12-03-2011 04:46 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 526713)
Oops....didnt even realize this is the WK2 section....no sorry no tuning yet


Is there a chance the manifolds could work? I don't know how if they changed the dimensions for the wk2

FlyinRyan 12-03-2011 07:05 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Perhaps

ooja3k 12-08-2011 08:41 AM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Would there even be an opportunity for any kind of performance gain?

FlyinRyan 12-08-2011 11:06 AM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Yes...

MrWow 12-08-2011 01:18 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Do you have a set of extra headers just sitting around or are they less expensive then buying aftermarket ones? I'd actually be interested in the OEM ones... they'd yield performance and little bit of sound without being ridiculously loud which can happen with the pure performance ones. FlyinRyan, what type of modifications would it take?

FlyinRyan 12-08-2011 02:57 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWow (Post 530296)
Do you have a set of extra headers just sitting around or are they less expensive then buying aftermarket ones? I'd actually be interested in the OEM ones... they'd yield performance and little bit of sound without being ridiculously loud which can happen with the pure performance ones. FlyinRyan, what type of modifications would it take?

To the best of my knowledge there are no headers available to the WK2.

I know that many WK1/LX/Ram owners that dont want to spend big money on longtubes and/or would prefer something that looks OEM and could pass emissions/inspection go to the 6.1 manifolds....either 6.1 jeep or LX as the manifolds are different.

I dont know if anyone has bothered trying the 6.1 jeep manifolds in a WK2 because the platform is very new. I wonder what the new 6.4 manifolds look like, as I would imagine they are also performance oriented and they are not only likely to fit the 5.7 (comparing the ports would be a good idea before spending the money buying them) but I would imagine that they would fit, as obviously the 6.4 and all associated accessories/parts on it are designed to fit in a WK2 engine bay.

Bear in mind this is only my speculation and certainly not fact.

MrWow 12-08-2011 02:59 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
That does sound good, and thats exactly the look I'd be looking for if I were to go that way. It'll be interesting to see w/o a doubt.

kyle2k 12-08-2011 06:57 PM

Re: SRT manifolds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 530373)
To the best of my knowledge there are no headers available to the WK2.

I know that many WK1/LX/Ram owners that dont want to spend big money on longtubes and/or would prefer something that looks OEM and could pass emissions/inspection go to the 6.1 manifolds....either 6.1 jeep or LX as the manifolds are different.

I dont know if anyone has bothered trying the 6.1 jeep manifolds in a WK2 because the platform is very new. I wonder what the new 6.4 manifolds look like, as I would imagine they are also performance oriented and they are not only likely to fit the 5.7 (comparing the ports would be a good idea before spending the money buying them) but I would imagine that they would fit, as obviously the 6.4 and all associated accessories/parts on it are designed to fit in a WK2 engine bay.

Bear in mind this is only my speculation and certainly not fact.


OOooo, even, better idea, get some take-offs when the 6.4 crowd starts switching to long tubes. They definitely should fit as the 6.4 is the same block as the 5.7 correct?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community