Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Hybrid 6"lift combo (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/hybrid-6-lift-combo-32057.html)

enzo808 12-05-2011 02:55 AM

Hybrid 6"lift combo

Wassup guys. I had a question about adding on a couple of inches onto a 4"kit? What's the "best & safest" way to add-on 2 inches onto a SL lift kit per se? I wanna achieve the highest possible lift that I can. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Mahalo!!

inferno red wk 12-05-2011 06:16 AM

Re: Hybrid 6"lift combo

i dont think there is a safe way at some point your going to be puting your front end to its max your a independant front end 4 inch is the max i would say to stay at

bradley4kc 12-05-2011 07:23 AM

There is a guy on another forum that has a 6" lifted WK.

05wkguy 12-05-2011 11:37 AM

It has been done, but you can expect some problems. You can add a secondary spacer on top of the supplied strut and spring spacers that come with the 4" kits. If you are doing it purely for "mall crawling", then you can get away with it. For actual off-roading you should stay away. Things you can expect to deal with at that height are; brake lines being to short,not enough adjustment in the rear track bar to center the differential,rear driver's side upper control arm contacting the gas tank,you will have to find your own rear shocks to prevent over-extension.

AcidCold has/had a hybrid 5.5" lift on his so he would be a great person to contact. He frequents the off-road section.

BlackedOutWK 12-05-2011 03:54 PM

i think the best thing to do is combine the old man emu lift in the front with you SL and then run a poly spacer in the rear on top of your SL. send jayloop a pm he is in the process of doing this, his rear has been on for a while but i dont think hes done anything with the front yet...

enzo808 12-05-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05wkguy (Post 527769)
It has been done, but you can expect some problems. You can add a secondary spacer on top of the supplied strut and spring spacers that come with the 4" kits. If you are doing it purely for "mall crawling", then you can get away with it. For actual off-roading you should stay away. Things you can expect to deal with at that height are; brake lines being to short,not enough adjustment in the rear track bar to center the differential,rear driver's side upper control arm contacting the gas tank,you will have to find your own rear shocks to prevent over-extension.

AcidCold has/had a hybrid 5.5" lift on his so he would be a great person to contact. He frequents the off-road section.

Thanks for the info bro! Didn't take those things into consideration. I'll try & do something that won't mess up my Jeep.

enzo808 12-05-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK (Post 527949)
i think the best thing to do is combine the old man emu lift in the front with you SL and then run a poly spacer in the rear on top of your SL. send jayloop a pm he is in the process of doing this, his rear has been on for a while but i dont think hes done anything with the front yet...

That was my initial intention. I wanted to run an OME setup along with a SL kit but don't wanna add more stress onto the suspension. That's why I was asking for any suggestions. Thanks for the info bro!