Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Where is the module for heated seats/steering wheel located? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/where-is-the-module-for-heated-seats-steering-wheel-located-32072.html)

Scurvy 12-05-2011 11:04 AM

Where is the module for heated seats/steering wheel located?

Hi all,

I am in the final process of getting my heated steering wheel working, and I have to replace the heat module. (i dont know the exact name of it) It is a black module box that about 3"x6" with 6 ports in it.

I have no clue where it is!! :confused:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

ColdCase 12-05-2011 08:04 PM

Re: Where is the module for heated seats/steering wheel located?

The parts list just shows a Heated seat module as generally in the passenger compartment. I took a quick look and its not obvious to me. It does not appear to be in the dash.

Sorry, not much help.

Ratchet 12-06-2011 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe this will help you out a bit. #5 should be what you are after.

Scurvy 12-08-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratchet (Post 528417)
Maybe this will help you out a bit. #5 should be what you are after.

Thanks Ratchet, yes #5 is the module i am looking for. Looks like its under the driver side dash? Hopefully its in the same area on the WK2. I will have to take a look when i get home tonight.

Ratchet 12-08-2011 01:17 PM

May want to check beneath the passenger seat first. There are quite a few componets that they like to stuff into the carrier bracket on the seat frame.

JTP (WI) 12-08-2011 02:11 PM

Check under the driver's seat. There is a small compartment there that has a bunch of electronics.

Ratchet 12-08-2011 05:06 PM

I can confirm it's not in the compartment under the driver's seat. I have heated seats and the mentioned compartment is completely empty. I use this compartment for light duty Zombie control items.

Scurvy 12-09-2011 12:26 PM

Ok I found it underneath the passenger seat. But this may be the final road block to stop this project. I looks like there are only 4 wire harnesses plugged into my current one and I am assuming that there is a 5th and 6th harness for heated wheel and ventilated seats. Can someone with an Overland or LuxII package confirm this for me? Look right under the front of the passenger seat and the module is a black box snapped into a metal bracket. Let me know if you have 4 or 5 harnesses plugged in along the side of the module.

Andrew Klossner 12-09-2011 04:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's what I see under there in my 2011 Overland. (Holy cow, are those rust spots?)

ColdCase 12-09-2011 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The parts book show 13 different part numbers for that harness, but no good drawings.

Scurvy 12-10-2011 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes unfortunately those are rust spots. I have them as well.

Its a hard to tell from the picture, can you you confirm how many harnesses are plugged in? (see pic)

Scurvy 12-10-2011 10:37 AM

I guess what i am confused about is what would this module have to do with the steering wheel? Im not to savvy when it comes to electrical.

THere are 3 versions of the module, 1) for heated seats w/o heated SW and w/o ventilated seats. 2) for heated seats w/ heated SW and w/o ventilated seats, 3) for heated seats w/ heated SW and w/ ventilated seats.