Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   How to preform an exorcism for my Summit? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/how-to-preform-an-exorcism-for-my-summit-32074.html)

gokart508 12-05-2011 12:44 PM

How to preform an exorcism for my Summit?

Was out of town for 5 days, came home and started her up, i noticed that my car was possessed! All mirrors moved, seat moved, and all radio pre-sets were changed. I'm pretty sure no one drove it. My brother was watching my house and told me he didn't. Even if he is lying, the seat was so far back i couldn't reach the pedals, and I'm taller than my brother. I roughly remember the mileage, and it didn't seem to change. Anyone ever experience this?

armoredsaint 12-05-2011 01:05 PM

Re: How to preform an exorcism for my Summit?

are you using the same key fob? i had that happen with i used my other BMW fob with different settings.

bromhead 12-05-2011 01:20 PM

Do you have kids? Does your brother? I blame them for everything that goes amiss at my home....

gokart508 12-05-2011 01:58 PM

Same FOB and no kids, i'm sticking with the demon theory for now until someone comes up with something better...

JoeSchmoe007 12-05-2011 05:15 PM

You spray it with the blood of innocent Ford Explorer.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Jokes aside there was similar known problem with ZJ-s. If I recall correctly the reason was found to be an intermittent short that developed under driver seat when wire isolation wore off over the time and this short affected the module that stored these settings.

On my own ZJ I had problem with mirrors not remembering their position for pretty much as long as I owned it (10 years). I was the only driver and only had one remote for it.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Is forum bundling subsequent posts together?

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Yes it does. Weird, never seen that before.

BWoodJeep 12-05-2011 05:15 PM

this happened to me the other day... I just hit the #1 memory button and all went back to normal, not sure why it didn't register with the fob when I got in.

WK2 Rover 12-12-2011 10:45 AM

Try disabling the Easy Entry/Exit Seat option on page 144 of the Owners Manual.

JRoll1ns 12-12-2011 10:58 AM

Mine did it yesterday. Jumped in and hit driver two and nada nothing just stayed in entry exit mode.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk