Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   Dual Foglight Stalk Switch? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/dual-foglight-stalk-switch-32093.html)

Raptor 12-05-2011 07:55 PM

Dual Foglight Stalk Switch?

For those of you that own Export Grand Cherokees that come with rear fog lights? Are you able to turn the front and rear fogs on independant of each other with the headlight/foglight switch? I'm trying to figure out how to add this feature to a USA spec 2012 Overland Summit.

Maybe one of you could help us USA Grand Cherokee owners out with the part # of your headlight/fog light switch. Here in the USA rear fogs don't come standard but can be added with a Mopar kit. The issue is that they can only be turned on with the front fogs, not by themselves with the installation of the Mopar rear fog light kit. I know some export Grand Cherokees have both front and rear fogs that can be turned on independantly from each other. These are required by law some places overseas and operate with an OEM dual foglight switch built into the headlight switch.
I need the part number for this switch to try and get independant front and rear foglight operation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ENFORCER 12-06-2011 02:25 AM

Re: Dual Foglight Stalk Switch?

We use the same button on the round headlight switch (near your knee) as the US spec cars. The only difference is, one press = front fog, another push = rear fog, 3rd push and both on, 4th push both off. From what I can see the switches are the same (or at least they look the same) as the US spec ones. The main difference is the wiring to the rear lights, and possibly a ECU switch needs to be enabled.

Raptor 12-06-2011 04:57 PM

Re: Dual Foglight Stalk Switch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 528367)
We use the same button on the round headlight switch (near your knee) as the US spec cars. The only difference is, one press = front fog, another push = rear fog, 3rd push and both on, 4th push both off. From what I can see the switches are the same (or at least they look the same) as the US spec ones. The main difference is the wiring to the rear lights, and possibly a ECU switch needs to be enabled.

Does your export grand have both front and rear fogs that operate independant from each other?
If so could you get me a part # for the headlight/foglight switch you have in your Jeep?

I'm told if you give your local dealer your VIN they can tell you the exact part # of the switch thats mounted on your Grand Cherokee.

Thanks

Edit;
Ok here is the part number for the Export Mopar integrated headlight/foglight switch. Mopar part #68029275AB>> Superceeds to #68029275AC MSRP $61.10 This switch is OEM for all export Grands with{LPG} rear fog and {LNG} front fog, sales codes. It controls headlights and both front & rear fogs.

This part# is the correct switch number for all export Grands that have independant operating front and rear foglights.... one push for front fogs two for rears.

The part# for all US spec models that have front fogs only is 68029276AC MSRP $58.50>>Which superceeds to 68029265AD. This switch is OEM for all US spec Grands with {LNG} front fog sales code. It controls headlights and front fogs only.