Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430N RHB Nav - Off-Route Recalculating Message then Freezes Up (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430n-rhb-nav-off-route-recalculating-message-then-freezes-up-32164.html)

Jeep2012 12-06-2011 09:35 PM

430N RHB Nav - Off-Route Recalculating Message then Freezes Up

2012 WK2 Limited.....So this has happened twice in the last week. The first time, I was in a newer, within the last two or three years, neighborhood and it just froze up. It looked like I was hovering in mid air riding through the grass on the screen but then the Nav rebooted twice and finally locked up showing 'Off-Route: Recalculating' in the EVIC.

The second time, I knew where I was going and the Nav showed the road but I didn't follow where it wanted to take me (not that it was wrong) and the thing locked up with the same message in the EVIC.

Both times, it stayed that way even after I restarted the car. I left for a couple of hours, came back and started the car and all is well with the Nav. What gives? Any TSB's out on this? It seems odd that I took delivery of the car on Nov 4, 2011 and the Nav system is out of date?!?! Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on how to fix it either temp or peem when it happens?

Thanks!!

JoeSchmoe007 12-07-2011 09:58 AM

Re: 430N RHB Nav - Off-Route Recalculating Message then Freezes Up

It doesn't mean Nav system is out of date. If it happened once I'd say software glitch. But more that once - I'd say there is a chance something is wrong with hardware (hard drive where maps are stored?).

I recently had a problem when BT and hands free module stopped responding in 430N . I fixed problem by pulling the fuse and putting it back in. Maybe its worth trying the same for Nav? I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS BREAKS SOMETHING.

Andrew Klossner 12-07-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep2012 (Post 529080)
Both times, it stayed that way even after I restarted the car. I left for a couple of hours, came back and started the car and all is well with the Nav.

When you turn off the car, the head unit remains on until the timeout you configured in EVIC setup or until you open the driver-side door. To turn the head unit off, turn off the car, open the door, close the door. I have to do this to unpair my cell phone when I want to make a call while parked.

Jeep2012 12-07-2011 08:24 PM

Thanks for the info. I will try it next time it happens. Interestingly, my brother in law's Wrangler with the same NAV as mine does not experience this when he is 'off the Nav map'. Anyone else experience the same thing I did where it rebooted itself and then locked up?

Chrisman91 03-03-2014 04:42 PM

Hello All,

I am trying to get together enough individuals to file a Class Action Lawsuit against Garmin Intl. regarding the issue of their units having the "Recalculating and freezing" problem. I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 430N Nav System in it that has been experiencing this issue. After calling Garmin numerous times, and being told that they have no idea of the problem, I was told to take the vehicle to my dealer where the unit would have to be replaced. This is a very expensive procedure! I began researching the issue and have found that this particular problem has been ongoing since back in 2011 and is not limited to the in-dash systems only.

So, since Garmin will not step up and help the consumers by addressing and fixing the problem, I am looking to go the route of litigation to help all those who have had the same issue. I am in the beginning stages so if you are interested please let me know by emailing me your name ONLY to golfguynut@yahoo.com! Once I have enough people on board I will take this to my attorney and at that time you will be asked for your full contact info by him.

Remember, I need ONLY your name. I am not collecting any personal or identifying information myself The attorney will handle all of that. Thank you for your time.