Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Advise New Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/advise-new-jeep-32168.html)

JAYBEE3 12-06-2011 10:35 PM

Advise New Jeep

Hey guys so im on the verge of buying a new jeep next year so i started to look around, Basicly here is my plan Buying a 2005-2007 Jeep Silver Limited ( i want the GO now, since my visual is coming along) so im still debating if to buy a 4.7 or a 5.7 Hemi and switching all my custom parts to the new one and the old 3.7 Jeep will be my Wifes. I would like your guys advise and comments because you guys well tell it how it is....

So on CL i Found this but im not to sure on ther Salvage tittle The guy said he just repared the FRont Bumper Hood Grill Fenders and Radiotar it sounds to me like it was a head on crash he says the engine is good conditions what do you guys think??..(I already ask if he wants to sell the seats NO GO lol)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...730403569.html

JonJon 12-06-2011 11:49 PM

I would personally steer clear of that SRT. It has 29k miles and he is selling it for $12,500. With a clean title this would go for at least double that. Something smells fishy and I don't like it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

JETLIFE 12-06-2011 11:55 PM

Re: Advise New Jeep

^^^ it's not an SRT. It's a limited with SRT parts.

JonJon 12-06-2011 11:57 PM

My bad. Your right...I would still steer clear of a salvaged title.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

JAYBEE3 12-07-2011 12:04 AM

yeah its not a srt its a limted with srt parts as stated by JETLIFE im still on the hunt for one

BOYCHIKS 12-07-2011 12:07 AM

I'd always stay clear of a salvage title unless you plan on owning it forever.

That black interior is worth something though!!

BigTicket13 12-07-2011 12:12 AM

Me personally, I would go check that limited out. Why not check the car facts. I have a 2005 Limited 4.7 46,*** at time of purchase, think I am at 48,*** right now, and paid 14,800. It had a clean car fax and i thought it look like a good buy.

That one is 2wd so the price drops on these. Look at it this way he is asking 12.5K for it. Look up nada and blue book and take the difference. I mean the rims alone are worth there weight.

CarFax
Nada
Blue Book
Autotrader that vehicle in your area price comparison.

I just seen it was a salvage titled. That changes it a bit. Find out if the frame was twisted or altered in any manor during the accident and if the block was cracked.

Lucas J 12-07-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 529184)
I would still steer clear of a salvaged title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOYCHIKS (Post 529193)
I'd always stay clear of a salvage title unless you plan on owning it forever.

These.

Chaoul1 12-07-2011 09:25 AM

It says it has a Salvage Title. Stay away. Even though the price may seem good, later on you might regret it!

JeepCoop 12-07-2011 10:24 AM

Yup I agree w these gents, stay clear of a salvage title! It'll be sweet now, but a pain later!

JAYBEE3 12-07-2011 03:20 PM

Thanx guys I knew it was too good to be true I'm going to continue my search

BigTicket13 12-07-2011 05:59 PM

I wouldn't totally say that. I personally would not purchase it, but I have a buddies whos family owns collision shops up here and they repair salvage titled vehicles all the time.

The main thing is if it was hit in the front or the rear, air bags deployed, frame alterations, and a cracked block. If none of these have occurred I mean those are the the most important.

My concern would be the interior from flooding or fire.