Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/)
-   -   Goodyear Fortera (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/goodyear-fortera-32198.html)

jreynolds 12-07-2011 01:32 PM

Goodyear Fortera

I have a 2005 WK. It had bald Goodyear Wrangler HP tires and was able to go through mud, water, rocks, you name it. I see so many posts talking about how bad the Goodyear Fortera tires are. I just purchased them and from what I can tell, they are way better than the Wrangler HP tires I had on before. Ya some of you guys are right they are not the best for 2 foot of snow, water, or mud. For my everyday driver, they are more than acceptable, adding that I do bring my Jeep off-road. For anybody who is looking for great performing tires on road that can handle your weekend adventures, the Fortera tire is worth looking into. :moon:

BigTicket13 12-07-2011 05:41 PM

Re: Goodyear Fortera

They are not a cheap tire though. My dad has theses on his Acadia and let me tell you I was amazed when he got a nail in his (no repairable) $303 to replace.

jeep5.7 12-07-2011 05:43 PM

2nd set on my 08,love them

dmsfun 12-08-2011 07:31 AM

mediocre tire at best. There are many tires far better for less money. Dest AT is what I recommend; far better ride, handling, steering, traction than the Fortera.

Kman09JGC 12-08-2011 02:18 PM

These tires are just ok. stock on my 09 4.7 QD2. Not bad on dry roads. Just not stable enough in the snow. Had Dest a/t on my 99 4.7. Great all around tire. Will go with Dest a/t or General Grabber at2 on my 09 when the Fortera's wear out.

jreynolds 12-08-2011 08:45 PM

I got 4 Forteras mounted and balanced for $505!!! That's a heck of a deal!

4.whoa 12-09-2011 09:04 AM

FWIW
I'm not for or against them, but its not fair to compare the ones you can buy from goodyear to the oem's . I've heard poor remarks about oem alot, and the goodyear salesman went on for a good 5 min about how they are different "the factory uses cheaper compounds to keep costs down"

jreynolds 12-09-2011 07:53 PM

well they're the same brand, and not only do the Goodyear Wrangler HPs come stock on some vehicles, the Goodyear Forteras come stock on a lot of GM models as well so I don't believe it is the tire compound.

67rally 12-09-2011 10:45 PM

I'm probably one of those guys you saw talking bad about the Fortera's. I didn't get a chance to test them in the snow, I just didn't care for the tread pattern that much, and wanted to run a wider tire. The Fortera's looked a little too highway for me.

I pulled mine with less than 200 miles and went with a 265/65/17 Toyo Open Country AT. I ran the Toyo's on my last SUV and loved everything about them.

I sold the Fortera's to someone with a Durango, and he got a great deal out of it.