Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Australian Extended Warranty (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/australian-extended-warranty-32260.html)

zzkazu 12-08-2011 02:47 PM

Australian Extended Warranty

Thought I'd start a new thread for this.

With my car handover (fingers crossed) I'm focusing on investigating if an extended warranty is VFM. From the other thread .. allypally found

"I have just been researching Extended Warranty's and found the following
Some Jeep dealerships offer a 3 year extended warranty upto 175,000klms at no fee, providing you service exclusively with them. Basically, you are locked in to that dealer.
Allianze Insurance offers 2 year extended warranty for $2,743. You can only get that through a broker. It can vary from $4000,- $2,500 depending on the broker's deal.
Swann Insurance offers 2 years for 200,000klms, $2,465. Dont know if they deal direct."

and David Scott found

"I paid $1,830.00 for a Extended Manufacturers Warranty Insurance which appears to be with AG Automotive Global. This is a extra 3 years and 100,000 km in total being 6 years and 200,000 kl."

Interestingly I asked my dealer outlined that the AG's option isn't a "factory approved warranty extension" whatever that means.

From my research I think the only Australian extended warranty for the Jeep GC is through a third party.

I have also found this as a checklist:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Co...arranties.html

OzTJ 12-11-2011 10:45 PM

Re: Australian Extended Warranty

My extended factory warranty was all through the Dealer. They were quoting prices similar to what has been mentioned. There wasn't any speak of a third party but I will check what paperwork I have says and let you know ;)

Hickers 12-17-2011 08:50 PM

Jeep extended warranty in aus is provided by Swann insurance, part of IAG (NRMA etc) it is identical to factory other than some trim stuff and they are good with claims etc provided you have had the car serviced properly. Must be purchased at time of sale or at end of warranty period normally. (you should get a letter prior to warranty expiry) disclaimer, I did work for them, and jeep, and I will buy an extend warranty!

zzkazu 12-18-2011 09:08 PM

Whilst waiting for my Vehicle I'm doing some research on extended warranties. Looking at the Jeep "Maximum Care Plus" it outlines:

"unless the Warranty administrator agrees on our behalf, all servicing must be performed buy us."

I thought one reason people preferred this was that it allowed others to services the vehicle outside the normal warranty.

ENFORCER 12-19-2011 01:07 AM

Welcome Hickers, what are u getting ?
Do you have a link or more info on the actual warranties ?
A fair warranty should not have limits or restrictions on who can service it. If it is getting proper care and maintenance as per logbook, it should not matter who services it.
I do not know why it is so hard for Jeep to give me more info on their warranties. I have asked several times.
Still loving our jeep.

zzkazu 12-19-2011 01:49 AM

My quote is from the Jeep "Maximum Care Plus" warranty Booklet. So this would be the same as the OEM extended warranty; its underwritten by IAG.

I understand Jeep changed the coverage plans early 2011. I cant seem to find an electronic copy anywhere..

zzkazu 12-19-2011 02:18 AM

I actually don't think there is such aching as a Chrysler (jeep) provisioned extended warranty. The booklet I was provided is a chrysler book. However, IAG is all through it. BTW IAG acquired Swann in 2003.

zzkazu 12-19-2011 07:08 PM

I have just called chrysler concerning the extended warranty with a couple of questions. Firstly about the use of another service agent, they outlined when I sign up that this would have to be outlined in the agreement. Also the issue of a after market 2inch lift again this needs to be notated before I sign.

Spentan 12-19-2011 07:12 PM

hey zzkazu, have you heard from the dealer regarding your car today?

EDIT: I haven't, dunno if I cbf calling lol

zzkazu 12-19-2011 09:59 PM

Nope, one way traffic

zzkazu 12-20-2011 12:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have scanned some of the sections of the Chrysler warranty.

What is shows is that is defiantly doesn't cover all the items the original warranty covers. Not withstanding the sales pitch I believe the following are excluded:

Wheels & Glass (windows/sun roof?)
Updates to ECU as a result of TSB's **
Rubber pipes
Exhaust **
Suspension (shock absorbers and struts) **
Any costs associated to diagnose a problem even if it is faulty ***

** I find these concerning.

Most likely I'll be still getting this but as I deal in contract law all the time I will be making some amendments to align with the marketing hype and see where I end up.

Hickers 12-20-2011 06:27 AM

Hi I am picking up a Laredo crd on the 30th of January for our gap year exploring aus. Re the warranty the contract is between jeep and owner and managed by Swann due to legal restrictions on when it can be sold and by who.

May have changed since I left but was pretty good cover, call Swann perhaps for info perhaps if dealers can't help, they may prefer to sell other warranties with more margin