Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Ordered SRT8 Showing on Your Dealers Website Inventory? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/ordered-srt8-showing-on-your-dealers-website-inventory-32263.html)

Street 12-08-2011 03:06 PM

Ordered SRT8 Showing on Your Dealers Website Inventory?

I've had problems with my dealer.... see my sig for the details. Essentially I waited 4 months and they didn't want to sell it to me at invoice anymore. Eventually they said they would after I threatened to take legal action.

When the car hit KZ status and shipped to the dealer I saw that it was listed on the dealer's website as for sale. The vehicle is still in route to the dealer but I'm wondering why it is listed on their website.

Is anyone else's dealer doing the same thing? Particularly if you are in KZ status or it has shipped. I'm wondering if its done automatically or something... or if they are just attempting to be jerks again and trying to sell it for "$15,000 over MSRP"? Or maybe using it as bait to attract new buyers but the listing on their site does have my VIN# on it.

pjs1965 12-08-2011 03:12 PM

No the inventory view on the website is the same view in the back end system do its not the dealer doing this. Btw, its not legally sold until you pay for it therefore its still technically in inventory. You gave a fully refundable deposit so far. Btw Not all dealers are bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GreggSRT8 12-08-2011 03:21 PM

Re: Ordered SRT8 Showing on Your Dealers Website Inventory?

I know my dealer has one in transit that is spoken for (not by me) and it is not on their website.

Street 12-08-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 530387)
Btw Not all dealers are bad.

This is true... except for 99% of them.

I also have a written contract from them agreeing to sell me the car at a certain price. In my state the law considers this a legally binding contract one which I took certain actions on, made decisions with in regards to the contract going forward and sold my old car for. If they attempted to back out of the contract I would suffer damages of lost time, money and not having a vehicle.

12Jeep 12-08-2011 05:13 PM

The vehicle I ordered never showed up on my dealer's website. I would think this is something they would have to initiate given the fact that the asking price is not always set at MSRP. Given the history that you have shared on this I agree that it is strange that the vehicle listed has the VIN that is on the order you placed.

BigTicket13 12-08-2011 05:17 PM

You have made a deposit and have a legal binding contract with them. They must fulfill there end of the contract other wise you can take legal action against them. does the paperwork have the Vin on your contract? If so you have identified that vehicle as being under your purchase agreement.

MikeD 12-08-2011 05:37 PM

My ordered Overland showed up on the website for inventory, I don't think it's something to worry about.

pjs1965 12-08-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street (Post 530404)
This is true... except for 99% of them.

I also have a written contract from them agreeing to sell me the car at a certain price. In my state the law considers this a legally binding contract one which I took certain actions on, made decisions with in regards to the contract going forward and sold my old car for. If they attempted to back out of the contract I would suffer damages of lost time, money and not having a vehicle.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with dealers. The dealer has an obligation to fulfill the purchase agreement. Good luck! :thumbsup: