Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Laredo, X, Limited, Overland, Summit, or SRT8? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/laredo-x-limited-overland-summit-or-srt8-32273.html)

HammFist 12-08-2011 06:25 PM

Laredo, X, Limited, Overland, Summit, or SRT8?

I've been reading this forum since before I bought my Laredo X last April, and I have noticed that almost all of the "trouble" posts start with "I've got a new Overland", and began to wonder whether that was because the Overlands are more likely to have problems, or there are simply many more of them. So please post what you have and whether you've had any problems.

JoeSchmoe007 12-08-2011 06:37 PM

Re: Laredo, X, Limited, Overland, Summit, or SRT8?

I have Laredo X and have had no problems except well know design issues (sloshing in the gas tank etc)

I think we see more posts about problems with Overlands because in standard configuration they have more things to go wrong, such as air suspension, trunk opener, etc. For instance I stopped considering Overland after I found out it cannot be had without air suspension or moonroof. WK2-s that I see around are mostly Laredo or Laredo X; mostly V-6.

77Cherokee 12-08-2011 06:44 PM

No problems other than voice command sometimes, and I don't consider that a problem.

The poll doesn't take model year into consideration. It probably should because many of the 2011 issues have been corrected for 2012.

1200RT-P 12-08-2011 06:51 PM

I voted "I have a Laredo X and have had problems" - while i have had gripes, no issues that have caused a dealer visit. My biggest complaints so far are internal rattles and a hard shift/slip under moderate acceleration from a stop. Seems to be a "common" issue, and hasn't caused me to take it in yet. Overall, happy with the vehicle.

UNCjeepWK2 12-08-2011 10:54 PM

only very minor issues w/ my Laredo X Hemi... a rattle here and there, but nothing major.

Red G8R 12-08-2011 10:59 PM

Define problems.

HammFist 12-09-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 530697)
Define problems.

Something you had to have fixed under warranty.

Jeep_addicted 12-09-2011 09:06 AM

well I would not consider this a problem but a minor issue to be fixed under warranty.

Both the fog lights on my 2012 have accumulated moisture in them.

The UCONNECT on our 2011 seems not to like our phones but I think the UCONNECT is basically a poorly designed add on that is over taxed by 3 separate functions that compete for priority.

JoeSchmoe007 12-09-2011 09:32 AM

These poll results are strange to say the least. As of now only 2 Overland owners voted that they had problems. We definitely had more than that just with QL issues.

hammer1234 12-09-2011 10:15 AM

I have a Laredo X and have had problems but the problems addressed so far have been minor.

airborne89 12-09-2011 11:18 AM

My wife has an '11 Overland Hemi with zero problems. I have a '11 Larado X Hemi with the what seems to be normal rattles, vibration and hard shift issues. I also have a bit of a burning oil smell. Since I just changed the oil out myself I'll wait to see if the problems goes away, oil level is fine. I probably spilled oil on something. Not other problems to list. I'm happy.

tyresmoker 12-09-2011 11:50 AM

Interesting on the burning smell. Mine has smelled since literally day one. I assumed that there was residual that would burn off over time, not the case. I just had it serviced the other day..and it is back.
I have a spotless, heated garage and there is not a drop of oil on the floor, so whatever it is it is not enough to drip.