Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   service electric brakes .. brakes locking up (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/service-electric-brakes-brakes-locking-up-32317.html)

rayce08 12-09-2011 03:32 PM

service electric brakes .. brakes locking up

2005 GC limited .... 5.7 .... 4wd ... 64k ...... service electric brakes warning and and stability control ( car with skid marks ) is on .... drives and runs fine until turning left or right sharp , then the brakes try to lock up , almost like the abs is appling brakes .... only does this in forward , not in reverse ..... any ideas ?

kennzz05 12-09-2011 06:11 PM

Re: service electric brakes .. brakes locking up

dont know if there drums or disc in the rears but if there drums good chance you might need wheel cylinders, but since the abs light is on could be a abs problem check the fluid

rayce08 12-09-2011 06:24 PM

disc in back .... fluid is good

rayce08 12-09-2011 06:28 PM

the brakes dont lock up .... they act like there binding or pulsing ..... the front and backs do it ... only when turning sharp and only in forward ......makes me think its a brake problem and not axle bind problem .....i guess its the brakes ...... someone has to have had this problem before ..... if i take it to the dealer im i gonna get raped ..

kennzz05 12-09-2011 06:43 PM

start googleing youre symptoms

rayce08 12-09-2011 06:54 PM

been googleing for two days ...... no one seems to have the brake lock up issue with service electric brakes ...... maybe speed sensors ?

01_oxford_svt 12-11-2011 01:50 AM

Mine had the same issue at 50K miles (05 limited hemi). It was a wheel speed sensor. That combined with a broken front differential mount. All fixed at the local jeep dealer for a premium.

rayce08 12-11-2011 09:20 AM

i just replaced both front speed sensors ..... still doing it .... i do have the clunk when shifting .... after putting on lift ...it is the top mount , almost completly gone ... should i try rear speed sensors or take it to the dealer and let them pinpoint it ? ive spent 70$ on speed sensors so far from dealer ....

rayce08 12-11-2011 09:21 PM

i guess its a trip to the dealer in the morning

4.whoa 12-12-2011 07:30 AM

Mine did it too. Was a wheel sensor. I took it in , they located bad one, ordered & put on (mine was a front one) for about $150 or so IIRC.

Actually they changed both of my front sensors 'cause the tech removed AND BROKE the wrong one 1st. :smh:

05wkguy 12-12-2011 11:40 AM

You're experiencing the stability control trying to keep the vehicle from rolling over,thats why it only happens when making sharp turns. With the lift the truck gets "confused" and will kick in early. Your stability light shouldn't be on all the time, only when it's trying to control the vehicle.

rayce08 12-12-2011 02:38 PM

im sorry , i put it on a lift , not put on a lift ..... sorry for the confusion ..... no lift on truck , its my wifes daily ride ....... i wasnt able to make it to the dealer but did stop and get rear sensors and installed ..... nothing changed ...... starting to think its something major .....