Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   snow plow (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/snow-plow-3235.html)

erleep 10-12-2009 12:44 PM

snow plow

so i was telling you guys about the snow plow that i orderd for my 1993 grand cherokie i ordered it from snow bear ltd the cost was 1600.00 with my credit card on deferd payments but that is another story lol the deal with them is the plow came last week i opend it and the front cross mamber was not there i called snow bear and they told me that my cross brace is on back order for the next 7-12 weeks and they dont for see me getting it befor the 12th week i was like winter will be over befor then so i told them that i wanted my money back they told me that i have to pay a 20% restocking fee that is 320.00 what should i do they have there money i have to make my payments if i want to keep it but i was thinking of the damage that is might cause my jeep on the front end as well and was thingking about just getting a snow blower

erleep 10-12-2009 12:54 PM

Re: snow plow

so i just called snow bear ltd and they are going to take it back it is going to work out as i cant real afford to make the payments to them right now any way but this is for the better as i wont have to worried about messing up the front end of my baby

B.P.O.D 10-12-2009 01:08 PM

hehehe good call! i havent seen a plow in front of any jeep but a wrangler

robpp 10-12-2009 01:14 PM

get a big ass blower......

I have 10.5 HP and I havent stopped it yet. it can drag me up the hill and still not miss a beat on the throwing!

Knightrider03m 10-12-2009 01:52 PM

With that price, get yourself a used ATV with a plow and your good to go.

saleen032 10-12-2009 04:24 PM

I had a snowbear on the front of my 5.9 Limited........and if you get some deep snow, an ATV isnt going to do crap...not enough weight and traction.....BTW OP, if you are looking for a used plow, I am selling mine because I dont want to put it on the WK..I even have the mounting brackets and everything. I completely ovehauled it during the summer and it looks like brand new..

erleep 10-12-2009 05:00 PM

what are you looking to get for it and ware is it as i am in wisconsin

Knightrider03m 10-12-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 77720)
I had a snowbear on the front of my 5.9 Limited........and if you get some deep snow, an ATV isnt going to do crap...not enough weight and traction.....BTW OP, if you are looking for a used plow, I am selling mine because I dont want to put it on the WK..I even have the mounting brackets and everything. I completely ovehauled it during the summer and it looks like brand new..

If he is dropping the idea of a snowplow and getting a snow blower then I don't think that he is looking into clearing out parking lots. If my 2WD riding tractor can clear the deep stuff (which I have to plow a full 1500-2000 ft of a full sized road), I'll bet you my last check that a better, more powerful 4WD ATV could do what he needs to do. All that he has to do is buy some snow chains and he is good to go. Plus he will have fun with it in the summer time.