Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   TPM System works a treat. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/tpm-system-works-a-treat-32384.html)

jefferson.oz 12-11-2011 04:17 AM

TPM System works a treat.

Did a 1600km trip this weekend towing 3 dirt bikes, tows great, didn't really notice they were there, anyway, traveling through the I think the Goulburn river national park from Merriwa towards Mudgee on comes the low tyre pressure warning light and chime, you can watch your tyre pressure drop on the EVIC as you drive along, mine was dropping rapidly... the left rear had a sharp stone sticking out of the mighty Kuhmo, luckily I had some tyre plugs, albeit next to the spare, under everything, and a compressor, so we were soon back underway. For me the TPM system saved the tyre and maybe even the wheel as god knows how long I would have kept going for, being wet with trailer crashing around etc, a flat rear can be hard to notice till its to late....

Marlin 12-11-2011 06:52 PM

Re: TPM System works a treat.

Yep, wortt their weight in gold I reckon.

It's a once you've had them, can't be without type feature.

briteway 12-11-2011 07:51 PM

+1

Edit: BTW, nice story.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

No1Spcl 01-15-2012 11:15 PM

Didn't help my wife who was driving our WH at the time. I was away and the light was on for 2 days before she f$%ked the tire, then complained to me, what shut her up was when I asked how long it had been beeping at her with the dash light on. Ha ha. Good to hear the new ones work when you don't have the missus driving.

jefferson.oz 01-27-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1Spcl (Post 553390)
Didn't help my wife who was driving our WH at the time. I was away and the light was on for 2 days before she f$%ked the tire, then complained to me, what shut her up was when I asked how long it had been beeping at her with the dash light on. Ha ha. Good to hear the new ones work when you don't have the missus driving.

Jeez, Your a brave man... Funny though, kinda.... My beloved reckons my Jeeps just a big baby beeping and dinging all the time over nothing...

captainjunket 05-18-2012 10:24 PM

I am going to buy 4 new wheels and tyres 285/40-22 along with new TPMS for each new wheel.
My question is how do you address each new TPMS to each location on the vehical?
As I will sell the standard Overland wheels and tyres as a complete set.

allypally 05-19-2012 12:50 AM

That is a good question because the Manual mentions nothing about training the sensors. So question is, if you rotate the tyres, how does the sensor know?

Milous 05-19-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 631795)
That is a good question because the Manual mentions nothing about training the sensors. So question is, if you rotate the tyres, how does the sensor know?

The sensors automatically learn their locations via signals transmitted to the main module (located in rear wheelwell). When signals do not match (after rotating, for example) the sensors will re-learn their new location (within 20 minutes continuously driving above 24 km/h.

captainjunket 05-19-2012 03:26 AM

Thanks Milous, the Jeep system is more intelligent than we give it credit for.

John47 05-19-2012 04:59 AM

We have the poverty pack Laredo with only the low pressure warning light apparently but a number of times now by pressing the back button on the EVIC button the TPMS screen comes up and nicely shows 0.0 pressure on all 4 wheels...
If I wanted to show you it wouldn't do it but it is a surprise at times.
Obviously the software is closely related.