Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is it possible to rent a limited/overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-it-possible-to-rent-a-limited-overland-32420.html)

reece 12-11-2011 09:47 PM

Is it possible to rent a limited/overland?

Guys,

My wife and I are interested in buying the JGC 2012 overland. We are going to visit some friends in Tennessee next weekend. We have not driven the new Jeep yet, and it would be great if we could rent one to see if we both like it or not. My local enterprise rents a Laredo v6, but we are really interested in a overland V8. Would a dealer rent one out? We live in suburbs of Chicago, so we would be putting some miles on the jeep.

Thanks in advance.

Revelation78 12-11-2011 09:57 PM

Re: Is it possible to rent a limited/overland?

You won't find a dealer that will rent a car, sorry. The bet you can try and do is look into an extended test drive with the intention to buy. My suggestion is simply to rent the V6 Laredo, experience the Jeep in general then test drive a V8 Overland later and take note of the differences.

tyresmoker 12-12-2011 07:24 AM

Did you ask the folks at Enterprise to check the pool for a Limited?
Also, check with Alamo and Thrifty at the airports.
I rented a loaded Limited from Alamo eariler this year in Orlando.
I seriously doubt you will find an Overland or a V8 in the fleets, typically they do not work in the fleet (buyback) model.

AAAA 12-12-2011 07:53 AM

This time of year the fancier model car rentals are usually at the southern and western resort towns.

reece 12-12-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelation78 (Post 532170)
You won't find a dealer that will rent a car, sorry. The bet you can try and do is look into an extended test drive with the intention to buy. My suggestion is simply to rent the V6 Laredo, experience the Jeep in general then test drive a V8 Overland later and take note of the differences.

I think this is might be my only option.

Thanks

reece 12-12-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyresmoker (Post 532324)
Did you ask the folks at Enterprise to check the pool for a Limited?
Also, check with Alamo and Thrifty at the airports.
I rented a loaded Limited from Alamo eariler this year in Orlando.
I seriously doubt you will find an Overland or a V8 in the fleets, typically they do not work in the fleet (buyback) model.

I have not checked other rental companies yet. Worth a shot.

Thanks

jeep2011 12-12-2011 09:19 AM

Definitely check the rental car companies. Enterprise here in my small town has an overland 4x4 for rent.

bmrisko 12-12-2011 10:03 AM

I talked to someone who rented a Limited 4x4 in Chicago...I believe he said it was from Enterprise. So, yes, there are rentals out there. You just have to gt lucky or have the ability to track them down. Our local Enterprise has quite the fleet of Laredo WK2s, but I think most are 4x2 w/ the V6.

dubwarren 12-12-2011 10:16 AM

I'm renting a Laredo v6 while my v8 overland is in the shop. The v6 is a totally different animal. I am not impressed with the base Laredo. Maybe I'm spoiled but I wouldn't have bought a jeep if these base laredos were the only option. They do not compare at all to the overlands. Completely different vehicle. IMHO, of course.

armoredsaint 12-12-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 532366)
I'm renting a Laredo v6 while my v8 overland is in the shop. The v6 is a totally different animal. I am not impressed with the base Laredo. Maybe I'm spoiled but I wouldn't have bought a jeep if these base laredos were the only option. They do not compare at all to the overlands. Completely different vehicle. IMHO, of course.

i got a base model 4x4 laredo at chicago midway from hertz, it is definitely different in suspension it felt like.

reece 12-12-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 532366)

That's exactly my concern. I want to test drive (and a long one at that) the model I want.

I appreciate all the comments.

Thanks