Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Rear end help! ;)

4K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  Crestwood1001 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I wanna rake my rear end a bit over the front, its level now with the RC 2 inch spacers. I talked to Tosh and his idea was to pull the spacers, struts and springs and get a set of OME springs and superlift struts for the added lift, would that give me what im looking for? And would anything contact the gas talk skid and keep it from going low enough on the drivers side? Help a brotha out!

#3 ·
Yea but if I do what tosh said I can also get more travel from the live rear end. And idk if I'd be comfortable adding spacers lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Word on the street is the ome springs are 80$ and the superlift struts are 30$ each... True or false?

#6 ·
not sure about the struts but the springs are $80 each i would imagine the struts are more than $30 each...

#7 ·
I had this issue for a while with my OME lift before I decided to hack up spacers for the rear.

My suggestion was also going to be the rear coils.

#8 ·
I was thinking about the same thing. The OME struts I believe are 145 a piece give or take. I was thinking to go will OME coils all the way around and get some 2" longer shocks either the rocky road ones or the OME ones. This is pretty much what the budget boost kit of this is sold for one rocky road for like 389. I am just curious about the negative effective on the struts cause I have seen alot of guys do this on other forums.

#9 ·
Omlet had a new idea, monroe load leveling struts... apparently for an extra inch, which would be exactly what I want for the rear over the front.... opinions?

#10 ·
Struts are in the front. I thought you wanted extra lift in the rear?

#11 ·
Whoa! Think you read into the PM wrong lol. If you wanted more in the rear I would just go with the OME HD coils and maybe some longer shocks, and ditch just the rear spacers. The superlift rear standard shocks are about $29 a piece. Then if its not enough rake for you I'd add a spacer. The front i would leave alone if you're just trying to achieve rake.

#12 ·
Exactly what I was saying.

#13 ·
Struts shocks same thing lol and I'm not looking to pile spacers back there, of those monroe shocks will give me an extra inch in the rear ill look into that

#14 ·
a lot of guys on jeep forum are running those monroe ones and love them. next time im on there ill try to look for the part # they are using. def would be the answer for you and they are pretty inexpensive.

#15 ·
Yea see if you can get that part number for me!

#19 ·
I'm not so sure about that. 1 inch higher in the rear is enough.

#17 ·
#18 ·
I'm sold after reading that thread, should I also get the ome springs? My stock springs are fairly shot and with an extra inch to inch and a half from those struts that might not be a bad idea.

#22 ·
Jeff, I was in the Spartanburg/Greenville area Saturday.

#24 ·
So is the ome spring with the load leveler shocks my best bet?

#25 ·
Do you do much wheeling? You may be able to get away with the shocks you have and just the OME HD springs. If you plan on flexing it out much I would do at the very least some longer shocks.

#26 ·
I do but what we have around here does not flex it much, what shocks would you say would be good if I went that route, my springs need to be replaced no matter what I do

#27 · (Edited)
Honestly I'd probably go with the OME shocks.

#28 ·
Alright guys, think im gonna go with the monroe load levelers and the OME rear springs after new years, gotta get that rear end up a bit, and my springs are ruined after the shocks blew and it sagged on the springs for a few months, this will only cost about 200$ in parts and then just a bit to install them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.