Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Sirius 1/2 off (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/sirius-1-2-off-32459.html)

wynnrs 12-12-2011 02:34 PM

Sirius 1/2 off

Been said before but it just worked for me. Don't renew you subscription on the internet and wait until it expires. A few days after you are turned off Sirius will contact you with a 6 month free then regular subscription for the next months. Came to about $85 including all fees.

SixZeroFour 12-12-2011 07:49 PM

Re: Sirius 1/2 off

Nice!

I just got the email about a renewal reminder so I'll have to give this a try. Hope it works here up north.

iVerne 12-30-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wynnrs (Post 532509)
Been said before but it just worked for me. Don't renew you subscription on the internet and wait until it expires. A few days after you are turned off Sirius will contact you with a 6 month free then regular subscription for the next months. Came to about $85 including all fees.

Also, don't pay with a credit card. Have them bill you via a statement. Write them a check. If you ever give XM/Sirius your cc, they will auto-renew even if you tell them not to. They play dumb and you need to call and call to get a refund. However, they pro-rate you for as long as the radio was active past the auto-renew date. The people that answer the phone from them drive me crazy too. They are obviously reading a script and I'm thinking their call center is outside of the US.

brandont 12-30-2011 10:12 AM

Although such people exist, I have never run into so many people with such strong accents and everyday sounding names. Their call center is definitely overseas and very hard to deal with. I second the auto renew thing. They billed me a year at full price automatically. Although I caught mine the same day and cancelled thanks to my banks' alert system (Chase).

JoeSchmoe007 12-30-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandont (Post 542627)
Although such people exist, I have never run into so many people with such strong accents and everyday sounding names. Their call center is definitely overseas and very hard to deal with. I second the auto renew thing. They billed me a year at full price automatically. Although I caught mine the same day and cancelled thanks to my banks' alert system (Chase).

Can you clarify that? Did they deduct money from checking account you previously used with them? Or did they charge your credit card for renewal?

iVerne 12-30-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 542675)
Can you clarify that? Did they deduct money from checking account you previously used with them? Or did they charge your credit card for renewal?

They will charge your cc even when you tell them not to do so. They make it very difficult on you to unsubscribe to the point at which they make you give up or send you through the call tree.

brandont 12-30-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 542675)

They billed my CC for a full year at regular price once my subscription was up (on another vehicle). I had done a 1 year half off deal and once that was done they automatically charged me for another year.

Homer 01-04-2012 12:05 AM

CITI bank credit cards have a Virtual Account Number feature that give me a 'one use' credit card # along with a new expriation date and 3-digit #. We use it all the time and at renewal time it will not work. This has eliminated lots of problems with vendors that try to auto renew. I understand Discover also has a similar Virtual number.

Also works great for online ordering to protect our credit card info from getting into wrong hands.

JoeSchmoe007 01-04-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homer (Post 545124)
CITI bank credit cards have a Virtual Account Number feature that give me a 'one use' credit card # along with a new expriation date and 3-digit #. We use it all the time and at renewal time it will not work. This has eliminated lots of problems with vendors that try to auto renew. I understand Discover also has a similar Virtual number.

Also works great for online ordering to protect our credit card info from getting into wrong hands.

It is not exactly correct - it is not 'one use' card. You can use multiple times at the same merchant. Minimum expiration is 2 months, so if you truly want it to be one time use you need to close it manually via Citibank website after it has been charged once.

Brewster 01-05-2012 08:40 PM

When you subscribe was that for music, traffic and travel link or do you get charged a different fee for each one?

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-05-2012 08:43 PM

i have also never paid for my sirius traffic...... i just call to cancel and they offer me another year for free. even my inital subscription was free, i called to buy it and without even telling me the price the rep offered me a year for free.

JoeSchmoe007 01-05-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 546481)
When you subscribe was that for music, traffic and travel link or do you get charged a different fee for each one?

Traffic and travel link is a separate option. They may offer it to you "for free" but if they don't and you don't need it - just tell them you only want radio.

On some receivers you can also order a subset of all radio channels (http://www.siriusxm.com/subscription...irius/alacarte) and pay even less but I don't think 430N or 7** radios are capable of this.