Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Aftermarket Dash Kits (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/aftermarket-dash-kits-3260.html)

Blimbybrown 10-13-2009 06:04 PM

Aftermarket Dash Kits

Hey guys. I wanted to know if anyone has come across Dash Kits that were really put together well and offered in a variety of finishes. I am "thinking" carbon Fiber or "real" aluminum panels ( then i can grind them myself) Its for my 07 Overland. Are the dashes all the same in that their model years (except for trim levels) or do you need to get model specific kits. Thanks

Chaoul1 10-13-2009 07:06 PM

Re: Aftermarket Dash Kits

Up to you IMO I think they are a waste of money. You can buy the factory bezels and wood grain.

Joe in PA 10-13-2009 07:10 PM

I really dislike the woodgrain trim on my Limited and thought about buying some replacements and painting them red rock to match the exterior. Thought about it until I saw the prices Jeep wants. Just ain't willing to risk screwing up the originals knowing the $$$ it would take to replace them. :(

Chaoul1 10-13-2009 07:11 PM

BTW you can get our Vendor Daniel to paint them!

robpp 10-13-2009 07:19 PM

i have ALL my BEZELS painted by Daniel.

another option would be Neffy Wrap, its a cloth that looks like carbon fiber.

or some combo..........

jeeppro 10-13-2009 07:30 PM

i have neffy wrap for sale to lol...brand new

LTrainGC 10-13-2009 07:38 PM

Dang I'd hate to see that overland trim get covered or painted. I'd trade you my limited trim if you're just gonna paint it or cover it with something. I'd love to get my hands on the wood/leather wheel too.

Megatron 10-13-2009 07:39 PM

Lets trade........

Blimbybrown 10-13-2009 09:35 PM

i feel what some of you are saying, however I am completely re-doing the interior and have a upholstery guy that is amazing and am trying to tie some of the stuff that is going to be going on together from front to back. After is complete and you see the pics, I think you will agree that the wood grain does not work here. I can have them painted if need be here, I was jut hoping that someone out there may already be producing something close to what I am looking for. So are all model dashes physically the same then? Is it just the trim materials that are different?

Blimbybrown 10-13-2009 09:38 PM

My wheel is shit now....It did not stand up to wear and tear at all....I have an Aluminum Laminate with a ground finish that I will be using in the rear that I think might work on the dash...but as stated earlier... if I jack them up they are expensive to replace...I would rather give them away than to ruin them

Blimbybrown 10-13-2009 09:43 PM

Just checked out the Neffy Wrap...That might just work...is it pretty durable? How is is to apply. What did you use it on jeeppro? Have any pictures of what you used it on?

robpp 10-13-2009 09:43 PM

all the same. 05-07.

there the laredo, the wood, the srt8 shiny metal, maybe more IDK.

08+ they changed the dash and such,so that wont be the same unless years match up.