Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Heated Seats would be nice (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/heated-seats-would-be-nice-32620.html)

ChrisL1976 12-15-2011 02:29 PM

Heated Seats would be nice

VENT ON: Ok, who's bright idea was it to make the heated seat function only operable after you start the car. It would be so nice to auto-start the jeep and jump into a nice warm jeep and nice warm seat when its 15 degrees outside.

VENT OFF!!

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-15-2011 02:34 PM

Re: Heated Seats would be nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisL1976 (Post 534666)
VENT ON: Ok, who's bright idea was it to make the heated seat function only operable after you start the car. It would be so nice to auto-start the jeep and jump into a nice warm jeep and nice warm seat when its 15 degrees outside.

VENT OFF!!

heated seats work with the key in the on position as well

ChrisL1976 12-15-2011 02:39 PM

I'm just saying it would be nice to be able to turn them on and not get reset once you turn off the vehicle. Kind of like your heat/AC, Radio, ect. Leather seats are just cold in the winter.

jp07blkE85 12-15-2011 03:54 PM

+1

Bleeding Blue 12-15-2011 07:30 PM

Why didnt I buy a limited :mad:

TurboDiesel 12-15-2011 08:07 PM

x2
i hate that...i get inside and the jeeps all warm but seats are cold!!! lol
rear defrost with remote start would be nice too

Bikemobile 12-15-2011 10:19 PM

The new wk2 and durango has a setting so when its cold outside you can have the heated seats, heated steering wheel, defrost, etc come on with the remote start.

antsjeep 12-20-2011 03:54 PM

there is a mod you can do to have them come on with remote start. But it does require soldering to the back of the switch and running a wire into the engine compartment. Its an easy mod to do, i just haven't had the time to get to it. I'll see if i can find a link to it.

DaMitsuMan 12-20-2011 04:04 PM

My WJ is a switch and will always stay in the ON position and whenever I remote start it the seats go on. I would assume the switches would be the same for the newer Jeeps but obviously not. Hmmm...

HemiDawg 12-20-2011 04:23 PM

Sure glad I have suede in the middle of the seat! :D

Budasac 12-21-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMitsuMan (Post 537415)
My WJ is a switch and will always stay in the ON position and whenever I remote start it the seats go on. I would assume the switches would be the same for the newer Jeeps but obviously not. Hmmm...

The WK isn't an "on/off" rocker switch like the WJ. It's just a push button that sends a signal to the computer.

Maybe it's me, but mine don't seem to warm up at all unless your actually sitting in the seat. Is it tied to a sensor like the air bag on the passenger side? If I start the WK and let it run with the key in (not auto-start) and turn the heated seat on it doesn't seem to be warm at all. But works fine if you sitting in it.
My WJ seat would burn my ass when I jumped in after 5-10 minutes.

TurboDiesel 12-21-2011 08:04 PM

im pretty sure my ass warmer works when not sitting it in...but i rarely turn it on if im not already in there...