Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   2011 JEEP COMPASS Big Bang (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/2011-jeep-compass-big-bang-32640.html)

kfc195 12-15-2011 07:35 PM

2011 JEEP COMPASS Big Bang

I have only 1400 miles on jeep, never been off road. When i make a right turn from a stop sign. I sometimes hear an unexplained noise , almost as if my balljoint had broken, like a loud metal snap noise.
Any body have any idea what is wrong ?

kennzz05 12-17-2011 10:04 PM

Re: 2011 JEEP COMPASS Big Bang

possibly a cv joint but why waste time here you have a warranty take it in and get it fixed

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-17-2011 10:50 PM

take it in for a warranty repair! i had the same noise when my cv boot leaked and the axle needed to be replaced

kfc195 12-24-2011 09:33 AM

Took it to dealership they could not find any thing . But now i found a Rapid Response Transmittal on line from JEEP. It says, ( A number of vehicles may have been shipped with front lower control arm to crossmember mounting bolts that may not be tighted to proper specification. THIS CAN LEAD TO A POPPING OR SNAPPING SOUND WHEN TURNING ON BUMPS ! ) REpair change the BOLTS !!

Showed service dept. transmittal was on 2009 model . there responds was they must of took care of this by now . and told me there was nothing wrong with mine. I guess its time for court

2005JGC 12-25-2011 10:07 PM

Sorry to hear your problems, get the service manager involved and take someone, adviser, tech, foreman, manager ANYONE to hear the noise, once you know they have heard the noise and seen it duplicated leave it with them till they replace the entire front of the vehicle if they have to (not that this is what should happen) simply stating once you know they know its there "could not duplicate" is not acceptable and they can no longer brush it off... If they say "its normal" say "if its normal take me for a ride around the block in another 11' compass and lets hear that one do it", if they don't bite on that, start moving up the food chain asking for the service manager and work your way up to the owner. When all the doors get closed give Chrysler a call and see what they have to say. Above all (here I go again) people are people not robots, always maintain a decent attitude because the second you go in screaming and flailing NO ONE will want to help you, get people feeling sympathetic for your situation not gagging every time they see your face (not literally of course, and not because of how you look... just sayin).

Is there another dealer you can try? I know in my area there is like 4 jeep dealers within about 1 hour driving distance from each other.