Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Exhaust question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/exhaust-question-32646.html)

jbulgner 12-15-2011 07:26 PM

Exhaust question

I am new to posting on threads and have not quite figured out this whole thing yet. However, I came across yours and you seem to know a bit about my issue. I just bought a 2011 JGC overland with the 5.7 Hemi. I want to change the muffler and tips, from the cat back. First, will this void my warranty? Also, nobody seems to know the size of what i have now and what I need, even the dealers and aftermarket people I contacted and I have no way of knowing how to find out. Im looking for something that will give it a nice deep roar/throaty sound. I was on carid.com. They have a lot of stuff but they dont guaranteee its gonna fit. Do you have any suggestions on what I need or where I can purchase something like that? Mopar has not yet come out with anything for these new body styles so it seems like flowmaster or maybe something else you think is good. Price wise I am pretty flexible and dont mind paying a little more for something as long as it looks and sounds pretty and wont rust! Thank you so much for any help or advise you may have.

JB

MrWow 12-16-2011 07:21 AM

Re: Exhaust question

Welcome, there are a bunch of threads in this section comparing the magnaflow, corsa and borla systems. Just scroll down and check out previous pages in this section. Also there are some good sound bites on youtube if you just search it.

elvisisdead 12-16-2011 10:46 PM

Yeah - Corsa and Borla seem to be the two most popular bolt ons. However, any muffler shop worth their salt could fabricate you something custom using magnaflow or flowmaster mufflers rather than the stock ones.

dlthunder 12-17-2011 10:23 AM

Also, Mopar does have one for this vehicle, if I remember right it is the Corsa exhaust.

jbulgner 12-17-2011 12:32 PM

Thanks DLthunder. I found the one Mopar makes. I am assuming its the Corsa and they just put their name on it. Most exhaust systems were between 1500 and 1750. Do you think its better to go with Mopar and let Jeep do it so there are no warranty issues with them? Do you think it will sound just as good as the others? I would hate to spend that kind of money and have it sound similar to the stock ones. Thanks again for your help.

J

wjs81866 12-17-2011 01:06 PM

I think the Corsa is more likely to reduce engine drone, also I was told that they would fit with skid plates installed. Not sure about Borla or Magnaflow.

madherm 12-18-2011 07:27 PM

I just hung the Corsa on my WK2. It's a great sounding exhaust and there is very little drone. I hear the Borla has a lot more. The Mopar exhaust is the same thing as the Corsa with a Mopar stamp on it. I ordered mine through AutoAnything.com and even though it took a while to get in the price was right. I used the "loyalty" code on checkout and got it for $1200 and change.

berk483 12-19-2011 11:29 PM

Changing exhausts does not void your warranty.